Pondering moving to Ireland

Well if you're entertaining the idea of moving to Ireland mainly due to economic reasons... then that's not a smart move by any means (pun intended).

Among the pre-millennium EU states, Ireland belongs to the ones (along with Greece and Spain) with the weakest/most unstable economies.

It's a beautiful country, but if you're looking for a safer, better income, then Germany, France or the Benelux states are a better option. The advantages of Scandinavia are basically evened out by the high living costs.

Or just go to Switzerland as long as they're still letting people over the boarder... ;)

I'm in contact with some friends there to keep me in the loop. I wouldn't move unless I already had something nailed down and it would be an improvement to where I am now.

I'm not going to just up and move and then decide to get my stuff in order. There are certain possibilities and if those possibilities turn out to be realities, then I might do it.

I lived in old Blighty for quite some time, so I can assure you the food is not as bad as everyone says. It depends where you go - and if you like to cook all the ingredients you could want are there. :) In short, don't let the potential diet put you off.