Popol Vuh

May 21, 2007
I downloaded some songs awhile back and just listened to one that i forgot about ~ Mantra 2, and i realized that it's the intro that opeth uses at their shows, I knew that mikael was a fan but i had no idea that that was their entrance music..

Kliener Krieger from Einsjager & Siebensjager, it doesnt have the weird sitar shit behind it though. And then theres Mantra 2 -Choir which they open up with on lamentations, that does have the sitar. Incredible band, unbelievably hypnotic.. I suggest Letzte tage, Letzte Nachte

And also if you listen close, the end of each song on the MAYH record is the title of the next sond!!! amazing he? (nooooooooooooooooooooooooobs!!)

well, its an easy mistake sometimes seeing as popol vuh name some of their tracks the same from album to album. Plus in the song spirit of peace, the melody that is built up is a variation of the mantra2 melody if you listen closely. Anyway what im trying to say is fuck you, some people havent heard of popol vuh which is no where near as bad as the MAYH thing.