Pops and clicks during reamping?

LosingReality

Oct 6, 2007
Columbus GA
Any ideas why this would be? Im not getting any CPU spikes or anything......My vst meter is almost down to nothing.....

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/963137/Reamp.mp3

Im also getting a huge noise, like if you take a guitar cable and hold it in your hand while the amp is on....know what i mean?

Im using the Profire 610....no reamp box....

Im going Profire610 3 output to TS9 into 5150

I know the profire 610 has the lower output for reamping....But why ther pops and clicks?

BTW? Hows that tone? lol

It's a ground loop, buy an Ebtech Hum X, put it on the amp power cable, be happy :D

EDIT: And the pops and clicks are probably from your HDD, I found that they came through my amp when I was re-amping (before I got the Hum-X). Clip sounds good, though a bit...flat? I dunno, doesn't feel very dynamic, probably an impedance thing...

Or a Radial ProRMP if funds are tight! ;) (in my tests, I'd say the Redeye/Cuniberti Reamp V2 give you maybe that last 5-7% of tone that the ProRMP lacks, but the differences are so minor it's hard to justify the extra $100! Though I'm still glad I did, if nothing else cuz I like the Redeye as a DI better than the inst. in's on my interface, though if I didn't have EMG's I'd probably feel the opposite)

I tested some time ago possibility of "straight" reamping - it`s sounds very weird even if level is matched carefully.
More noise and thin sound compared to ProRMP. My vote goes to Redeye (depends on budget/availabilty), thanks to Metaltastic test.
But I do not get pops and clicks with "straight" reamping.