Porcelain Heart

This is fantastic. Both songs are amazing. The intro in the lotus eater has a very medieval feel to it. In the same song at 5:50 it sounds kind of like dream theater with the keyboards. Anyways this is fantastic, this album is going to be the shit! (4/20 today, happy holidays everyone :Smokin:)

I thought people weren't allowed to speak about the leaks on this forum?

I can't believe anyone can not love the drums, they add so much of a chaotic feel to the song, it's exactly the direction I want Opeth to take, and I'm loving it. I never doubted Axe, and after hearing the first riff I don't doubt Fredrik a bit any more. Really awesome song, and Mikes vocals are even better now.

"The Lotus Eater" is such a crushing fucking song. Mike's growls improve with each and every cd, and this one is no exception.

Ällu;7176054 said:
I thought people weren't allowed to speak about the leaks on this forum?

Thinking about the same thing...just waiting for the rise of Samsara. The digi-single isn't even out and even Mike has posted on this thread....:zombie:

Both songs are amazing!!!!, congratulations mike for the new material.

see you next july in lorca festival spain!!!

From my reading it would seem that Opeth's Porcelain Heart is not yet available through Amazon.com's mp3 store. April 22 is the date they list. Happy to be corrected if not true.

Somehow I doubt that. ITunes US does not list it and Amazon.com (US) says April 22.

This thread is getting laughable! I listened to porcelain heart and it sinked in much better now, but I still favor lotus eater for this one. Yeah, Mikael's growls are improving.... as if he had anything to prove, growls-wise, ever since the release of their debut whose name slips my marginal sleep. I thought that the drumming part people seem to dislike the best part in the song, but I wished Mikael hadn't chimed in to put his own opinion before this post, just so it wouldn't be looked like some sort of fanboyism. As for Axe, he's definitely a fitter. I couldn't quite notice much of a difference from Martin Lopez, although it's quite noticeably how Axenrot manages the sticks with more virility. I can only hope this will be the album that will make me forget about the dreaded ghost reveries which I can't barely stand.

So, in resume:

1. Porcelain got me half-an-erection after a day.
2. Mikael is improving his marketing skills over the internet forums.
3. Axenrot knows how to play with sticks.
4. Mikael blast beats axenrots clean singing.
5. Lotus eater is fantastic!

When I first heard that song a few days ago, I loved the drum part yall are talking about. It fits very well, it made me go hell yeh! that's cool! But it's true, there will always be complaints and different opinions/likes.

If you like it, then you like it.
If you don't well, you don't.
Personally, I love it.

Love both songs but The Lotus Eater is a killer :D Can't wait for the album and can't wait to see them on the 26th!