Porcupine Tree -Deadwing review

Décadent said:
Fuck buying a CD from a store.

usually i would agree, but in this case.. i love porcupine tree and personally want to support them by purchasing this album.. any true fan would do the same

I haven't been able to sit still since I read that review. I have had to change my pants twice, I am so excited! Aside from that, Deadwing should be cool.

oh, and looks like on amazon uk (and the pt site) the release date was delayed again? looksl like uk march 28, usa april sometime. shit. do i have to go download this stuff now???
didn't meet anyone from the board, but then again, i didn't do my homework on the picture page. (aahhh, shit, i was actually right behind you guys! let us know when your band plays around town! hope the show wasn't too mellow for you ;) )
liked wilson's string breaking after 30 seconds and his tuning geffen's guitar while geffen was wearing it.
could someone tell me who the keyboardist was--what band he's with? (i'm not really in the know on bands and member names.)
saw one guy in an opeth shirt, made me happy...
alas, no advance copies of deadwing available, but lots of pt vinyl. we just don't have vinyl in the states anymore. *sigh*

Starless Dragon said:
I heard Shallow...at least the radio single version, lol, on the "alternative" station here. They do a thing called the Cock Fight where they put two songs up against each other, then the listens call in and vote for their fav. The one that wins goes on to play again the next night against some other song. 99% of the time it's total shit. Well, as my car CD player is dead right now, I just happened to be listening to the radio when they announced the cock fight for that night...."Returning champion Slipknot"...( Oh god )...against newcomer Porcupine Tree. I nearly crashed my car, lol. So I made sure to listen that night, and sure enough, they played Porcupine Tree. Pretty sweet song. Far better then Slipknot, but of course all the nu-metal kids voted for Slipknot.

The tracks on the Lazarus single are quite good, but I find Shallow to be fucking irritating. Its almost as bad as that Audioslave song that ripped off Led Zepplin.

I'm listening to it for the second time now and I'm having a hard time figuring out what Mikael contributed to it. I don't hear any vocals that sound like him, at least not lead vocals. Maybe he just sings backgrounds like SW does on the Opeth records. There is some guitar playing that may be him. The Adrian Belew solos are pretty obvious and somewhat out of place, but not in a bad way.

T-Rat said:
oh, and looks like on amazon uk (and the pt site) the release date was delayed again? looksl like uk march 28, usa april sometime. shit. do i have to go download this stuff now???
didn't meet anyone from the board, but then again, i didn't do my homework on the picture page. (aahhh, shit, i was actually right behind you guys! let us know when your band plays around town! hope the show wasn't too mellow for you ;) )
liked wilson's string breaking after 30 seconds and his tuning geffen's guitar while geffen was wearing it.
could someone tell me who the keyboardist was--what band he's with? (i'm not really in the know on bands and member names.)
saw one guy in an opeth shirt, made me happy...
alas, no advance copies of deadwing available, but lots of pt vinyl. we just don't have vinyl in the states anymore. *sigh*

If I'm not mistaken the KB player was Jordan Rudess from Dream Theater...

Arriving Somewhere But Not Here is 12 minutes of pure brilliance. That tune starts well and just keeps getting better. It kinda reminds me of an Opeth song in that it's really long and keeps shifting musical gears.

justHerb said:
Arriving Somewhere But Not Here is 12 minutes of pure brilliance. That tune starts well and just keeps getting better. It kinda reminds me of an Opeth song in that it's really long and keeps shifting musical gears.

How the fuck could you have heard that song?

BurningSky said:
How the fuck could you have heard that song?

It's pretty simple, you put it on Winamp or Windows Media Player or any other music playing program, and play it. Make sure your speakers are plugged in and on, and there you go. I'm doing it now myself, it's quality.

Skullzz said:
It's pretty simple, you put it on Winamp or Windows Media Player or any other music playing program, and play it. Make sure your speakers are plugged in and on, and there you go. I'm doing it now myself, it's quality.

WOW IS THAT HOW YOU LISTEN TO A SONG?!?!?! YOU FUCKING TOOLBITCH. Maybe if you weren't such a fagot you would disclose the information on how you got an unreleased track that isn't on a single disc or any other official release.

Blackfield was awesome, except they played Pain twice because they ran out of material for the encore. Jordan Rudess kicks ass, I might add. Anyways, they played everything off of the s/t except Open Mind and Scars, a new song, and some covers. Good times.