Porcupine Tree...

I wish a video had been made for Voyage 34, could you imagine it!

I've asked Steve Wilson about the possibility before, but he doesn't see music vids as a priority.

Opeth could do well to get some promo vids made for some of their songs.
Music Video stations are increasing in popularity!

"In Abesentia" is worth its price and listening time for just "Blackest Eyes", "Trains", "Wedding Nails" (fuckin amazing), and "Strip the Soul". This album overall is stunning, and it would be a sin to not get it.

Thanks to everyone for all the great responses. I went out today and bought In Absentia...from what I have heard it seems to be a worthwhile buy. So thanks again to everyone!

HaloX said:
Thanks to everyone for all the great responses. I went out today and bought In Absentia...from what I have heard it seems to be a worthwhile buy. So thanks again to everyone!

Well done, it's one of the best albums I have heard

Fave tracks:

Trains
Gravity Eyelids
Heartattack in a layby

Enjoy:D

Yeah said:
I have In Absentia, but I'm basically looking for something way more upbeat and energetic (not necessarily "heavy" ). Any suggestions?

If you want something a bit more happy, try Stupid Dream.

If you want upbeat, with a sizeable dose of electonica, try Up The Downstair.

i just bought my first Porcupine Tree Album, Lightbulb Sun. I can't say that it's taken my breath away after only 3 listens, but hoping it will grow on me. Shesmoved on is an instantly likeable song as is Hows Your Life. I'm thinking that In Absentia may have been a better way to indtroduce myself to PT.

I was introduced to Porcupine Tree though Voyage 34! :lol: Figure that one out...

But I think that In Absentia would be a better starting point, then travelling chronologically backwards through the catalogue.