Positive uplifting songs

Weapon X

Raised to be Lowered
Jul 25, 2002
Ontario, Canada
Visit site
There are plenty of negative songs out there in the metal world. But name what you think is the most positive or uplifting song by bands that don't usually do positive songs.

• Annihilator - Fantastic Things - Pretty freaking positive.
  • Pantera - Rise - Here is a song with a positive messege. So much power that it demands positivity
Name more and name better :hotjump:

By bands that don't usually do uplifting? Oh shit :p I get uplifted by just about any/all classic Metal, have to get back to you on that one...

I think Stuck Mojo has some pretty positive and uplifting songs, but I can't remember the names. I haven't listened to them for a while.

I don't really pay attention to lyrics, so the songs that I think are positive and uplifting might actually be negative, but they sound positive to me.

The entire In Flames 'Colony' album is very uplifting to me for some reason, for example.

How about Sabbath "Sabbra Cadabbra"... Oh, fuck knows.

I usually listen to Skepticism, Katatonia and the like. Don't ask me :p

Papa Josh said:
Personally, I get uplifted by like Putrilage's "Facial Bowel Release" or "Feasting On Scabs" and even a little "Vomit Lubrication" from time to time... :tickled:

What fucking album is that Annihilator song on? I have them all and do not know of that song...

Damn now you made me hungry. I'll take some Bowel Release on Scabs with a side order of Vomit. :ill: haha

Maybe your missing one! ;) It's on the Bag Of Tricks album. It's a mixed bag album of rare live, old/original demos, different versions of already released songs. Kinda hard to get now. :Spin:

Weapon X said:
Damn now you made me hungry. I'll take some Bowel Release on Scabs with a side order of Vomit. :ill: haha

Maybe your missing one! ;) It's on the Bag Of Tricks album. It's a mixed bag album of rare live, old/original demos, different versions of already released songs. Kinda hard to get now. :Spin:

I have it, gonna listen to it right now..

wow, cool.
:p

Sabbra Cadabbra is by far my favorite Sabbath song, and yes it is very uplifting.

I listen to (hed)pe, Pantera, Primus, and Danzig to be uplifted. Also horrifically depressing stuff uplifts me too for whatever reason, like Life of Agony.

Danzig - Tired of Being Alive
Pantera - 25 Years
(hed)pe - Boom (How You Like That)
Black Sabbath - Sabbra Cadabra
Primus - Sgt. Baker

I always thought Hook in Mouth by Megadeth was quite uplifiting.

F, is for fighting, R is for red
Ancestors' blood in battles they've shed
E, we elect them, E, we eject them....etc etc

You just reminded me of a good Megadeth uplifter, FFF. One of the few awesome songs from their later period.

NAD said:
You just reminded me of a good Megadeth uplifter, FFF. One of the few awesome songs from their later period.

How about Victory then as well from Youthanasia? That was cool because it sampled lyrics from their previous works. And Dave and Marty going at it against each other in their solos was mindblowing. Hate vs Love.

JayKeeley said:
How about Victory then as well from Youthanasia? That was cool because it sampled lyrics from their previous works. And Dave and Marty going at it against each other in their solos was mindblowing. Hate vs Love.

Yes that was pretty wicked :headbang:

Pantera Yesterday Don't Mean Shit is another great positive song for me, but in a much more personal way.

Now you mention Megadeth....Peace Sells and Crush 'Em are pretty uplifting. Not in the "happy happy joy joy" sense, more like the "man, now I gotta drink some beer and kick some ASS" sense. I don't like Megadeth much else.

Slayer and Anthrax are uplifting in the same context. So long as it's older stuff -_-