Possibility of Life elsewhere

Xcommunicated

New Metal Member
Feb 22, 2009
So I was bored the other day and was mindlessly looking around wikipedia when I came across the Hubble Ultra Deep field page. It has this well known image.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2f/Hubble_ultra_deep_field.jpg

There is an estimated 10,000 galaxies in this tiny tiny section of the universe. Each galaxy containing billions of stars.

Then there is the recent discovery of amino acids (the building blocks of proteins, life) in interstellar dust clouds. The same fragile foundation for all life on earth managed to form in the cold vacuum of space.
Which brings me to my point, how can there not be life on another planet somewhere in the galaxy, if not the rest of the universe. I would be astounded if there was no other life in the universe.

yes it would seem unlikely that this is the only place habitable. My thing is that it really has no effect on our dayly lives let alone life span, so its a waste of time and money that is better suited taking care of our own "house"... which we fail at miserably

The thing is the universe is so huge we will never know the true amount of what's out there. I think that it's possible that alot of planets are full of animals like on Earth like tigers and birds that hold no interest in exploring space or maybe us humans are so small on the food chain those other advanced species don't even care about us. No matter what we'll never be able to explore the whole universe or know how big it is and what all lies in it. Maybe their are super beings that are God like in the universe.

Something I wanted to know though was what is the difference between another dimension and another universe? Wouldn't another dimension just be like a secret doorway in our universe while a parallel universe would be a comepletly different universe in general? What if things like Heaven and Hell actually have some truth to them and they are other dimensions but not in the way that it's potrayed in the bible? What if their really were God like creatures from ancient mythology on Earth before that exsist in another dimension or universe. What if that Collider thing really does open gateways to other dimension and universes and releases creatures that could destroy us?

Well perhaps there are books that can illuminate that for you...I would but you can imagine that it would take some time. In a nutshell:

- Darkness rubs the tornado that is nature
= Children (In a metaphysical concept) fly out in a direction likewise to the directional force of the tornado
- To reference the previous point, if it's in a metaphysical sense that they are different, then that means that in some small way, though virtually the same, they are different by means of the minds current progress (Maybe some are farther ahead, some are behind us)
- God (Astaphaios) molds these living thoughts into what they are today, and most definitely there must have been life eisewhere. By great chance, it may not be OUR universe they exist in by pure chance, but another one for sure.

It would be more clear if you were to read "The Paraphrase of Shem".

No matter what we'll never be able to explore the whole universe or know how big it is and what all lies in it. Maybe their are super beings that are God like in the universe.

You mean like angellic beings (whether good "angels" or "bad "demons)? If you read about some of the creatures mentioned in "heaven", some of them are pretty crazy looking. I don't think it is a stretch to say that a lot of the ancient civilizations dieties probably have roots in the visitation of these angellic beings in some visible form back in earlier times. Look into "the Nephilim".

Something I wanted to know though was what is the difference between another dimension and another universe? Wouldn't another dimension just be like a secret doorway in our universe while a parallel universe would be a comepletly different universe in general? What if things like Heaven and Hell actually have some truth to them and they are other dimensions but not in the way that it's potrayed in the bible? What if their really were God like creatures from ancient mythology on Earth before that exsist in another dimension or universe. What if that Collider thing really does open gateways to other dimension and universes and releases creatures that could destroy us?

I think this is a possibility. I balance that though with my beliefs in YHWH that no creatures from the "spiritual" dimensions are more powerful than him and that they meet their end post-Millenium.

So I was bored the other day and was mindlessly looking around wikipedia when I came across the Hubble Ultra Deep field page. It has this well known image.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2f/Hubble_ultra_deep_field.jpg

There is an estimated 10,000 galaxies in this tiny tiny section of the universe. Each galaxy containing billions of stars.

Then there is the recent discovery of amino acids (the building blocks of proteins, life) in interstellar dust clouds. The same fragile foundation for all life on earth managed to form in the cold vacuum of space.
Which brings me to my point, how can there not be life on another planet somewhere in the galaxy, if not the rest of the universe. I would be astounded if there was no other life in the universe.

there are members of ultimatemetal that actually believe they have been "visited" and "abducted" by extraterrestrials
but i don't think any of those people visit this philosophy forum
so here's my question to the people of this thread
do you think that alein abdutions are actually happening?
or
do you think that these "abductees" are just halucinating?
i pose this as a serious question, i really want to hear you guy's thoughts on this