Post a picture of your favorite rpg and a brief explanation

arcadia_dc_front.JPG

This game was a hell of a lot of fun to play. It is pretty much tied with SMRPG in gameplay (for me), but I think the music might be even better.

I love D&D :) If you got the time

How do you go about playing these days, Liverslap? I haven't played in a real long time. Not since when I used to on the Internet anyhow. Do you do any of those sites? If so when I get some free time I will join up in your online game. I haven't played the 3rd edition yet, but I do have all the books for it. Sad isn't it lol.

Anyhow it may be awhile before I can answer your post. As stated in another thread Im looking at losing my Internet connection :erk: I'm not real happy about it but what ya gonna do right.

Skies of Arcadia was great! The airship battles were so epic and cool, it was long, funny, very likable characters. Too many random battles though. Remember the part where you fight Grendle in the ship? So awesome. And when you fall of Captain Drachmas ship and get seperated.

Star Ocean 2 is worth mentioning. For SNES graphics on a PS1 game it was so awesome. Really great combat system and lots of endings and cool story and different character perspective. Star Ocean 3 was good until a certain plot twist ruined it.

How do you go about playing these days, Liverslap?

I know you didn't ask me, but my friends and I get together every Saturday night to play. Lucikly, all of my friends are as geeky as I am and we have been consistently playing games almost every weekend for 20 years.

About 2 months ago we paused a D&D campaign where the geography was based on our local area (dragons hanging around Mt. Hood, Lizardmen villages in the Columbia river, etc.). At one point we had to travel up to Emerald City (Seattle). It was a very nice change from using some other pre-made fantasy world map. It helped to bring a sense of being there, since you know the actual terrain. After about a year of playing, the DM had to pause the campaign to recharge his creative juices so I am now running a Bushido campaign (ninjas and samurai in feudal Japan).

Ok Stormo maybe you're right about Oblivion being better than Morrowind and I was just being nostalgic. Maybe. Not definitely.

But Morrowinds story is definitely better!

Not one mention of Legend of Dragoon so far? This thread reeks of fail.

Man if I was gay, I'd totally do that.

Also about Xenosaga, that's hard. I sat in that game for weeks trying to move a seat, realizing I had to take a seat.

I loved Legend of Dragoon when I first played it but I tried it again two years ago and it didn't hold up very well. Nostalgia, I think.

It was console only on PS1. Very similar to Final Fantasy but with a better, time based battle system. Cooler characters too, but not as good as Final Fantasy in the long run.

How do you go about playing these days, Liverslap? I haven't played in a real long time. Not since when I used to on the Internet anyhow. Do you do any of those sites? If so when I get some free time I will join up in your online game. I haven't played the 3rd edition yet, but I do have all the books for it. Sad isn't it lol.

Anyhow it may be awhile before I can answer your post. As stated in another thread Im looking at losing my Internet connection :erk: I'm not real happy about it but what ya gonna do right.

i haven't dont D&D online, just the real thing.

I have had limited amount of time to play due to long hours of work, but i spend most of my time either with guitar or video games, or a game of some sort.