Post funny shit

He apparently works in the UK for the most part, and is a solid guest on HIGNFY and Q.I.

Last one's been cut short, but he's right; whoever invented Marmite deserves a smack or two.

Last edited by a moderator:
[KOTNO]Narrot;8745520 said:
squeez_bacon.jpg

wtf. now requesting stefan to try that shit and post a review

i haven't seen that shit around. looks interesting to say the least! :D

Is the racial sensitivity that touchy in the UK these days?

Race tensions are as strong as most other Western countries.

Blacks are, give or take, pretty integrated and outside of the cities with substantial black populations there's not a great deal of racial trouble (although I'd posit a significant amount of people could be considered "casually" racist).

Indians or other folks from the "East" get the hardest time, even though most of them are culturally British now (or a strong mix of their original cultures and British customs).

Is the racial sensitivity that touchy in the UK these days?

There's a huge amount of 'Islamophobia' that is no doubt perpetuated by the media to some degree, and goes into the whole multiculturalism hot topic. It's not homegrown as the Protestant vs. Catholic conflicts have been - in Central Scotland and Northern Ireland particularly - and is partly linked to the 'they come over 'ere!' mind-set of some Brits. It can be understood though: For example, an upcoming planned march by a radical Islam4UK group through the town Wootton Bassett - where we repatriate dead troops - is hardly in the best taste and will only fuel racial tensions. In contrast, though, I'd doubt as many of the UK masses have the views and activities of moderate Muslims broadcasted to them.

Re: 'casual racism', it's not always easily detectable when self-depracation and 'racial banter/craic' are so culturally innate. Sometimes it's hard to tell between the knowing, ironic piss-taking and the squaddie who genuinely believes "all Pakis are terrorists".

Would you say people are a bit oversensitive towards race issues in the UK?

No sure. Certainly there seems to be a lot of hysteria that news agencies exploit. When nursery rhymes are banned/have their lyrics altered in primary schools because they could be offensive to certain minorities, you know something's wrong.

Anyway, Reginald D argues for tea over coffee:
http://uktv.co.uk/dave/video/aid/627870/videolistid/20/sr/10

Not entirely sure what you mean by "dirty", but two particularly cynical comedians that I enjoy are Jack Dee and Stewart Lee.

Last edited by a moderator: