post pictures of your desk!

Dave kidd (Gin Soaked Boy) and Heavy Lies The Crown (I'm actually going to be doing some of their furutre stuff actually here in Manchester). I know the band members as im from Teesdale myself and have massive associations with TCR there.

Yeah I thought you where from over that way..

HLTC are coming back for a sneeky day in a couple of weeks, they've sent me a rough live version and its pretty brutal compared to their older stuff. :headbang:

Thanks guys, I use the same Console Fletcher uses over at mercenaryaudio.com

Its a Yamaha PM2000 it was built after an API console and you can actually take the Op-Amps from one and stick it right in my console. The pres in it sound awesome. Its a fully discrete transformer in and out board with more headroom than an API. As for my NS10's, yeah man i cant really put them any other way unless i build or buy some stands and that is where my other set of monitors monitors will most likely go. I have the NS10T's, and that version is built to set up vertical rather than the NS10M which are meant to be on their sides. They are the same height as my ears and in perfect triangle to where i sit, so i cant really complain other than the looks.

Hi

Those desks with the side racks look cool and are practical but can really fuck up the stereo image, the problem are the early reflections to the listening position coming off each side rack and also the resonating that builds up if the desk is not made out of a deadening material like 19mm MDF , I had a setup like this before and after changing it everything became a lot clearer.
Everyone would be better of making a dedicated rack to the side and have a desk just big enough for the console or keyboard and controller.

My 2 cents

Hotstuff

^ +1

my desk is around 60X60cm and I have my speakers on stands...not quite ready for photos but I'll post some pictures in a few weeks.

Yeah they are cheap Auralex monitor isolators. Those Primacoustics look better, but they overprice like crazy.

These would actually do a better job at the task, I don't know why they aren't used more often-
240-719_L.jpg

^ These actually couple the speakers to the surface instead of decoupling them. Not that this is bad, it's just a different approach with different goals, results, pros/cons.

When ever I've seen speakers being tested in isolation rooms, they were always on these. Figured they do something good if a laboratory uses them.

When ever I've seen speakers being tested in isolation rooms, they were always on these. Figured they do something good if a laboratory uses them.

It can be good, especially if you have speakers resting on a surface that is going to move a lot. This is really racking my brain here so I could be wrong but I think if the surface is to soft then at low frequencies the speaker cab will actually move in the opposite direction of the cone. That's why that auralex foam is actually pretty stiff for an iso pad as opposed to wall treatment foam.

You'd be surprised how far stuff can move, ever seen a guitar cab on wheels? I've seen those things roll out the door.

You'd be surprised how far stuff can move, ever seen a guitar cab on wheels? I've seen those things roll out the door.

:lol: that is brilliant. I've seen my monitors move too when I had them on my old desk, used to move about 3 inches, never fell though! I got that foam and they are grand now

:lol: that is brilliant. I've seen my monitors move too when I had them on my old desk, used to move about 3 inches, never fell though! I got that foam and they are grand now

Actually the first band I was in the singer and I went out one day and he bought a nice vintage Fender twin. He really wanted to use it so we took it to the gig we had that night. Half way through the first song he starts standing really weird, sort of standing back from the mic leaning in. I had know idea what was going on, then I look back to see his amp is crashing into the drummers hi-hats. We later discovered that the twin has legs that come you can lean the amp on.