FUCK IT - I'm just gonna BUILD a desk.. Anyone else done it?

Ok, made a "final" version if anyone needs it:

Ermin%27s%20fucking%20galactic%20battleship%20v2%20-%20Jarkko%20Mattheiszen%20%28props%29.jpg

Finally some fucking leg room!

The problem with this design below is it's got those cabinets that you're going to constantly bashing your kneecaps off.
Not to mention sweaty balls.

Actually :p I'm a pretty thin guy and due to pre existing back problems I tend to sit very straight. I have about 20" of leg room :D

You mix in a closet?

Haha. No, but it's not big. The space is 2.10 meter x 4 meters. Room next to it is 3.5m x 5m. It's not very big, but it all works.
To get the control working on such a small size it needed a lot treatment, hence why it looks so small, the walls on the site are slanted in and narrows it from 2.10m to about 1.5 meter where the desk is located.
I always have the possibility to make it larger if needed in the future. But unfortunatelly that didn't fit in my budget anymore for now.

WOW MAN! Yeah, it's neat as well don't get me wrong, but I can get pretty claustrophobic even in my own room sometimes, I think I'd have a cardiac arrest if I had to spend hours in there! :|

Who'd knew there will be threads about desks in music recording/mixing forums ? :D
Just the title made me laugh so much (no offense)

i love it !

Yeah... I'm a noob to all of this :heh:

but i really find that interesting how every little thing can make a huge change... and be at a huge price :OMG:

pretty happy with my Ikea desk for the moment, although having a galactic battleship control desk like ermz said would be fucking awesome

Who'd knew there will be threads about desks in music recording/mixing forums ? :D
Just the title made me laugh so much (no offense)

i love it !

Yeah... I'm a noob to all of this :heh:

but i really find that interesting how every little thing can make a huge change... and be at a huge price :OMG:

pretty happy with my Ikea desk for the moment, although having a galactic battleship control desk like ermz said would be fucking awesome

When most of your life revolves around a workstation (I spend at least 12 hours a day sitting in this spot, every day), proper ergonomics can be the difference between a somewhat healthy body and a lifetime of agony.

UPDATE: Got all the wood and am ready to cut and go! Will probably get my uncle to cut it all up for me in the next few days, he's a cabinet maker :)
I went with a PINE top and Black Malamime body. I got a nice stainer for the pine too :) Can't wait till it's all built. Also purchased 2 pairs of 4U rack rails and a 1 RU rack draw for the Stuff that is rack mountable :)

Still... Anyone got a clue where I can buy Rack Ears to attach to my 1/2 rack Safesound P1 Mic pre/ comp??

Cheers