FUCK IT - I'm just gonna BUILD a desk.. Anyone else done it?

Just do it! I started my build last week, almost finished! Putting the last finishing touches on it tonight.. so I was meaning to post pictures of the whole build tonight in another thread. Here are 2 sneak peaks..

bureau-1.jpg

bureau-2.jpg

Man you stole my idea haha. No worries :p Looks exactly like my desk :)

Man you stole my idea haha. No worries :p Looks exactly like my desk :)

Yes I did..I'm part Japanese, that's why..
But, I allready had this idea some years ago, I've seen it in a catalogue in the past, not from Argosy but another manufacturer.
Then Istumbled upon your build, and I was like "that how I need it"...

I was planning and still will give you credits in my thread :)..which will be created tonight.

^

Haha nice man. Although if i would have made it today i probably would have made it more slant. So the monitors always would be over the last rack. Would probably been better. I've put my monitors on stands because the bass response reproduced itself in the desk :s
Looks nice though :)

I'm part of the way through a simple desk build, Lowe's is your friend if you have the tools handy (or have a friend that has a table saw).

Ok... on further reflection, I changed the design up! The desk is much thinner now and leaves space for dedicated Monitor stands :)
Any Aussie guys got a recommendation on where to get some down here?? :)

You can build those too, I did. I just bought 3/4" MDF board and cut it into what I needed. Then two 80lb bags of sand and some glue, screws and spraypaint.

@ Drip- Would you be willing to go into details with the estimated cost in US dollars and a print? That's way cool.

I'm about to get a desk myself. But I think I'm just going to play it safe and go with Studio Trends' stuff... I only need 6Us and have it all in a Gator already... I dunno.

Not a bad idea dan, but I really am hoping to compensate with the rack built in etc. I'll chuck up the final build pic when it's confirmed to my specs :D

You're still going to have to sit off-centre in that position so you're always going to hear more from the left channel, very nice otherwise