FUCK IT - I'm just gonna BUILD a desk.. Anyone else done it?

EXCITEMENT.png

Ok!!! Here's some of the build for you guys :D the first three are the Monitor Stands. Stained pine between Black Malamime :) I'll be getting sand tomorrow and silicone to make sure there no escape route for said sand haha. I wentfor the triangle design instead of squares for the shafts :) the last pic are the stained pine for the desktop and rack mounts :) More on this tomorrow! Mind you, it's quite DIY I'll admit, but for $250 in total (this including all the rackin hardware etc) I'm pretty stoked :)

Photo%203-01-12%2020%2059%2003.jpg

Photo%203-01-12%2020%2059%2019.jpg

2y5SDevp

Photo%203-01-12%2020%2059%2041.jpg

Hmm... Seems my links/ pics died! Well no issue, here's how it's coming along now! With the rack hutch attached! MMMM TASTY! :p
Photo%2010-01-12%2017%2031%2033.jpg

So as you can see I've painted my wall purple instead of red... Yeah, it's a little minty and my sexuality may be questioned. But it's a nice calming color, and given the amount of crap I'll be mixing, I'm sure, it's going to help haha!
So in the rack are:

Wharfedale Proverb
RME Multiface
Safesound P1 Mic pre/ Comp
Countryman Type 85 D.I
Radial Pro RMP
Behringer Headphone Amp
GSSL Clone (Ermz old one ^_^)

Looks rad dude! I like those monitor stands too. Mine are almost the opposite in appearance, the top and base are varnished and the pole, which I used PVC pipe for, is black.

It works well. You can buy a long threaded rod that you cut to any length with a bolt at the top and bottom, this runs the entire length of the stand down the middle, to hold it all together. I then filled them with sand, because it's 100mm pipe they're pretty heavy. I call them cat scratching posts because that what they look like.

So as you can see I've painted my wall purple instead of red... Yeah, it's a little minty and my sexuality may be questioned. But it's a nice calming color, and given the amount of crap I'll be mixing, I'm sure, it's going to help haha!

had to come in and comment on this. Red is one of the worst colours to paint a wall, over time it can be really bad for your mental health. Purple on the other hand, is a creative colour and would work great in a studio. I plan to make my bass traps/absorbers with purple fabric on them. colour psychology - crazy shit. anyhoo back on topic the desk looks great! :lol:

Yeah, even though it may not seem like a big deal, at least for my eyesight etc, the purple on the wall just contrasts so well and keeps everything soft but my screen and mixing area focused. Having said that, I've since put some acoustic treatment on most of the wall, so for the 30% still available it's pretty looking ;) haha!

Oh.. and since the move/ treatment/ everything... here's a current mix I did over the last week :)
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/306055/BerserkerFox -The Gift.mp3