Post the last book you read and rate it out of 10!

the-revolution-a-manifesto-ron-paul.jpg

Quite inspiring and thought provoking - 9/10. And I'm now reading:

1249032921-51co6iuswhl.jpg

zenmotorcycle.jpg

Reading this right now. I'm only still at the beginning, about 80 pages in, but I'm really loving it so far. It's an excellent mix of interesting narrative and though-provoking reflections. Has anyone else read it?

Frank Schätzing "The Swarm"

8/10

5877350_5877350_big.jpg

My wife is near the end of this guy's "The fifth day" and she's deeply into it, I'm gonna give it a read after she finishes, dude seems like a cool author (the fifth day is like 600 pages longs, a monster)

The Road 9/10 Brutal.

The Faithful Gardener - A tale of that which never dies 6/10 I would rather call it a short story within a slightly shorter story rather than a full fledged book, read it in one quick session of reading. Like the Ep equivalent of a book hahaha I get the message and all, but didn't quite leave a mark on me like many people say it should

My wife is near the end of this guy's "The fifth day" and she's deeply into it, I'm gonna give it a read after she finishes, dude seems like a cool author (the fifth day is like 600 pages longs, a monster)

Never heard of it. Will give this one a try, too.

First I was sceptical about the author/The Swarm, - thought there might be too much science and too little "book", but I was lost after 50 pages or so.
Also great for learning how nature works.

zenmotorcycle.jpg

Reading this right now. I'm only still at the beginning, about 80 pages in, but I'm really loving it so far. It's an excellent mix of interesting narrative and though-provoking reflections. Has anyone else read it?

My friend is reading it at the moment and it's definitely going to be one of my upcoming reads. Read and heard many great things about it! Meant to be a must-have if anyone is into philosophy.

Last book read: Crime and Punishment by Fydor Dostoevsky - 10/10!

My friend is reading it at the moment and it's definitely going to be one of my upcoming reads. Read and heard many great things about it! Meant to be a must-have if anyone is into philosophy.

Last book read: Crime and Punishment by Fydor Dostoevsky - 10/10!

My mum keeps trying to get me to read some Dostoevsky. She was big into Russian literature.

My mum keeps trying to get me to read some Dostoevsky. She was big into Russian literature.

Go for it man! I have no doubt you'll enjoy it. Dostoevsky's skills for describing people's emotions are second to none, in my (limited) experience (as there are so, so many great books and authors to read!).

I am only familiar with Leo Tolstoy and Dostoevsky, thanks for the suggestion STINNETT, will definitely check it out!

Other Russian Literature books (both by Tolstoy) which are great: War and Peace, another favourite of mine, and supposedly Anna Karenina is meant to be a classic too!

Dan, you gotta read Les Trois Mousquetaires, Vingt Ans Après and Le Vicomte de Bragelonne, or however they're called in English or Spanish.

My favourite books ever.

The Three Musketeers trilogy:

Les Trois Mousquetaires 11/10
Vingt Ans Après 10/10
Le Vicomte de Bragelonne 9/10