Post your hauls here

Hatebreeder, you've heard of DSO? I came across them accidentally, surprised no one talks of them at all. Can't see why.

anywho, continuing my album binge.

Trail of Tears - Existentia
Angra - Temple of Shadows
Katatonia - Last Fair Deal Gone Down
Belphegor - Goatreich - Fleshcult

Hatebreeder, you've heard of DSO? I came across them accidentally, surprised no one talks of them at all. Can't see why.

My friend, a purveyor of the obscure, introduced me to them. I, too, was rather surprised that hardly anyone has heard of them, especially considering their unique background story and unusual blend of musical styles.

What did you make of them?

My friend, a purveyor of the obscure, introduced me to them. I, too, was rather surprised that hardly anyone has heard of them, especially considering their unique background story and unusual blend of musical styles.

What did you make of them?

That impression pretty much echoes my own. I liked how they built on their diversity of talents with their sounds, rather than staying focused on sounding relatively metal, avoiding blending in with the rest of the symphonic bands. That, and the vocals take some getting used to.

Maybe because Diablo Swing Orchestra is a retarded name and DSO means Deathspell Omega to most metalheads

It's not really retarded. You should check out the history behind the band and their name, for they are intertwined. It's a lot easier to stomach than the cookie cutter bios (no pun intended) that are out there. I just hope it's not a lie.

Anyways, not wanting to derail the thread anymore, I'll leave it at that with a recommendation...

It's not really retarded. You should check out the history behind the band and their name, for they are intertwined. It's a lot easier to stomach than the cookie cutter bios (no pun intended) that are out there. I just hope it's not a lie.
Slightly cooler, but I still think it sounds dumb. I won't comment on the music and the name really doesn't matter that much (hell I like a band called Sourpuz), but I think the name does hold people back from checking them out.

I indulged my kvlt desire and bought:

Kvlt Perunov - Cult of Perun
Taarma - Remnants of a Tormenting Black Shadow

They were cheap, got good reviews, and from obscure countries. All things I like.

I bought/was given a shitload of cds in the past week.

Municipal Waste - The Art of Partying
Motley Crue - Too Fast For Love
Sodom - Persecution Mania
Overkill - Killbox 13
Exodus - Tempo of the Damned
Exodus - The Atrocity Exhibition: Exhibit A
Quiet Riot - Metal Health
Gamma Ray - Land of the Free
Sonata Arctica - Silence

Won these off ebay over the weekend

Ninja Gaiden I
Ninja Gaiden II
Rygar
Batman
Bionic Commando
NES Top loading sytem

Last Crack - Sinister Funkhouse #17(org)
Megadeth - So Far, So Good, So What?(org)
Megadeth - Countdown To Extinction(org)
Mekong Delta - The Principle Of Doubt(Aaarg)
Threshold - Within The Expanse

I think that's it

My Dying Bride - A Line of Deathless Kings
My Dying Bride - Turn Loose The Swans
Destroyer 666 - Cold Steel...For An Iron Age
Orphaned Land - Mabool

Just arrived:

Peste Noire - La Sanie des siècles - Panégyrique de la dégénérescence CD
Peste Noire - Folkfuck Folie CD
Peste Noire - Lorraine Rehearsal LP
Peste Noire - Mors Orbis Terrarum cassette boxset

Although I currently have no way of playing LPs or cassettes. :erk: But I can listen to the audio rips without being a complete git now.

Just ordered 5 minutes ago:

Reverend Bizarre - In the Rectory of the Bizarre Reverend/Return to the Rectory
October Tide - Grey Dawn

Instant PayPal transfers FTW