Post your hauls here

I'm still waiting on the new Bal-Sagoth to get here. Also I had to special order Deicide's latest because every damn store in my area was sold out. Must be a killer album.

Authentic Metalhead said:
Today's purchases:

Opeth - Deliverance
Amon Amarth - Versus the World (2-CD Deluxe Edition)

I needed a good fix of melodic death metal, plus the selection at my local store was very lacking today. I was kinda pissed.

That's why buying online is approximately 5,487,652 times better.

Queensryche - Empire
Rainbow - Bent Out of Shape
Mercenary - 11 Dreams
Mercenary - The Hours that Remain
Dokken - Hell to Pay
Brainstorm - Liquid Monster
James Horner - Titanic Score
Yanni - Live at the Acropolis (second copy, masterful album!)
Yanni - Reflections of Passion
Batman and Robin - soundtrack (I thought it was the score, was the lame various artists grr).

How's that for diversity.

Krigloch the Incredible Bulk said:
hahahaha batman and robin
I do need to check out some Yanni though.

what soundtracks do you like?

Goodfellas OST
Conan the Barbarian OST
Star Wars Orig. Tril OST
Lord of the Rings OST

...I think that's about it, tbh. Oh, I suppose back "in the day" I somewhat enjoyed a few tracks from both

Judgement Night
The Crow
...and the Demon Knight sound tracks.

Burning Saviours - Hundus
Fall Of The Idols - Womb Of The Earth
Gates Of Slumber, The - Suffer No Guilt
Isole - Throne Of Void

hahahaha batman and robin
I do need to check out some Yanni though.

what soundtracks do you like?

Get Yanni - Live at the Acropolis dude... I always thought of Yanni as the ghey New Age stuff (overly ghey) but after I heard that album I was hooked. It's basically some of his music converted for a full on orchestra, 2-3 keyboard players, bass, drums, killer violinist and lots of other stuff here and there. Amazing album. I had a chance to see that tour live as well and it was one of my fav concerts.

Soundtracks I dig:

Lord of the Rings of course
Gladiator
Braveheart
Sleepy Hollow
Independence Day
The Incredibles
Bram Stoker's Dracula

Lots of different styles in here... the top few are my favs.

I actually listen to the last Rhapsody album a lot as (to me) it is the perfect blend of sound track meets metal that exists. Forget all their other albums if you think they're cheese, listen to that one all the way through. Also Mechanical Poet is a great Danny Elfman meets metal album.

MetalAges said:
I actually listen to the last Rhapsody album a lot as (to me) it is the perfect blend of sound track meets metal that exists. Forget all their other albums if you think they're cheese, listen to that one all the way through.

I second that. The inclusion of Christopher Lee was also a great idea and the two 10+ minute songs drove me over the edge. :kickass:

MetalAges said:
I actually listen to the last Rhapsody album a lot as (to me) it is the perfect blend of sound track meets metal that exists. Forget all their other albums if you think they're cheese, listen to that one all the way through. Also Mechanical Poet is a great Danny Elfman meets metal album.

Agreed 100%, that's why listen to them.

MetalAges said:
Get Yanni - Live at the Acropolis dude... I always thought of Yanni as the ghey New Age stuff (overly ghey) but after I heard that album I was hooked. It's basically some of his music converted for a full on orchestra, 2-3 keyboard players, bass, drums, killer violinist and lots of other stuff here and there. Amazing album. I had a chance to see that tour live as well and it was one of my fav concerts.

Soundtracks I dig:

Lord of the Rings of course
Gladiator
Braveheart
Sleepy Hollow
Independence Day
The Incredibles
Bram Stoker's Dracula

Lots of different styles in here... the top few are my favs.

sweet, im getting yanni

and you forgot Conan for your soundtracks! :mad:
13th Warrior is good too
and I really like the Mummy Returns soundtrack

Authentic Metalhead said:
I second that. The inclusion of Christopher Lee was also a great idea and the two 10+ minute songs drove me over the edge. :kickass:

Christopher lee has had a good run going in this millenium. Star Wars, Lord of the Rings,now he's in albums.

sweet, im getting yanni

and you forgot Conan for your soundtracks! :mad:
13th Warrior is good too
and I really like the Mummy Returns soundtrack

I actually have the Conan's too but only recently, need to give them a good listen. 13th Warrior, I will check that one! I love the movie. Same on Mummy.

Start with Live at the Acropolis and listen to it all, it's pretty diverse so you get it all.

EDIT: Actually check all of this song out! Here's one of the cooler cuts from the DVD: http://youtube.com/watch?v=hhS6asdNNy4 - he's a pretty boy so don't feel gay watching it.