Post your hauls here

I've bought over 60 CDs this year already, no plans of slowing down either.

Is anyone from this board still buying music on physical formats? I think I might have eventually given up on buying CDs, seeing how pointless that has become. Not that it wasn't foreseeable, though.

Why has it become pointless?

Cause I can listen to that on multiple different sources than a CD. I understand some might like the idea of purchasing CDs for the sake of having it in their collection, but I think I'm past that moment. Maybe it'll come back someday, who knows.

No, I have a Spotify account and that's it. I have never ever bought a digital release; similarly pointless. I remember having bought Leviathan's Scar Sighted in its physical form, and I received the digitally-released tracks via email beforehand. So that's it.

• Haha
Reactions: CiG
So you don't see the point of CDs, and you only listen to music in digital format, but you don't bother buying that format either because you don't see the point, but it's okay because you support the bands in other ways.

Like what?

Still buy cds all the time. Found that to be the most superior format for sound and longevity. Had many cassettes long ago, still have a lot of them. Same with vinyl, but steer clear of it nowadays. Most of my vinyl got ruined because I took shitty care of them in my youth. Probably easily own over 5,000 albums on physical media.....maybe even closer to 10,000. Maybe I'll start counting them, i kind of began reorganizing my collection. But yeah, I'll always want a physical copy, don't see that stopping.

Still buy cds all the time. Found that to be the most superior format for sound and longevity. Had many cassettes long ago, still have a lot of them. Same with vinyl, but steer clear of it nowadays. Most of my vinyl got ruined because I took shitty care of them in my youth. Probably easily own over 5,000 albums on physical media.....maybe even closer to 10,000. Maybe I'll start counting them, i kind of began reorganizing my collection. But yeah, I'll always want a physical copy, don't see that stopping.

I was gonna ask if you had your collection cataloged on a site like discogs or rateyourmusic but goddamn... that's a hell of a task 😲

Reactions: RadicalThrasher
Supporting them vicariously through different means.
I bet that .000000000000000003 cents is a real shot in the arm :lol:

I have some catching up to do: https://www.discogs.com/user/SonOfNun/collection

Is anyone from this board still buying music on physical formats? I think I might have eventually given up on buying CDs, seeing how pointless that has become. Not that it wasn't foreseeable, though.
I only buy music on physical formats (which nowadays means CDs or on rare occasions DVDs) and I have absolutely no intention to change this. I only listen to music in my car (which has got a CD-player) and at home on my stereo system, which consists of a tuner, amplifier, record-player, CD-player and double cassette-deck, all bought separately. (Tuner and record-player were bought in the middle of the eighties, but I used the latter only to transfer vinyl-albums onto blank tapes. Amplifier, CD-player and the (used) double cassette-deck were all bought in 2015, after the ones I had bought in the middle of the eighties resp. early nineties had broken down after 30 resp. 25 years.) The sound quality is far superior to the one on my computer. While I listen mostly to CDs, there are still some albums from the eighties I only have got on vinyl, thus I listen to the tapes onto which I transfered them.

For me, joining a streaming-service like spotify would be pointless, because I wouldn't use it, and if I bought downloads, I'd only do so to burn them onto a CD, so I could listen to them in my CD-player. Instead of doing this, it makes more sense to me to directly buy the CD which also comes along with a CD-booklet. I feel very comfortable with the way I've been listening to music so far and I won't change it, unless I should be forced to do so. As long as the music I'm interested in is still available on physical formats and as long as there are still devices available to play them, I will stick to them.

That's commonly the justification but I wonder how many people live up to it in reality.

I imagine for that to even out it would entail buying at least one shirt or attending one live show per album streamed instead of purchased. Seems improbable.

Regardless, I would think that most people who buy CDs, Vinyl, and cassettes also buy shirts and go to shows so it's second or third rate support at best.