Post your hauls here

Zephyrus said:
Unbelievable. In fact, here's the scoop on the my experience from the show.

OVERKILL: We showed up just as they started their set. They sounded good, kind of like a cross between Metallica and Iron Maiden. I wasn't a fan and their songs sounded the same to me, but I respect them.

ARCH ENEMY: I got to the front row of the moshing area for this one. Angela was less than ten feet in front of me most of the set, while the Amott's flashed their amazing guitar skills. They played a 40-minute sets with songs from their past three albums, including "Nemesis", "Dead Eyes See No Future" and "Ravenous". They left out a couple of songs I would have killed to see live but I was satisfied with their stellar performance.

OPETH: I stayed in front to get up close to Mikael and Mendez, who got down to business with "Ghost of Perdition", which rocked to high hell. Mikael then did some jokes with the crowd and even played a Scorpions riff at request of a fan. Then came the crusher "The Leper Affinity" which got the mosh going in a frenzy. Despite being in front, I had to employ some of my wrestling moves to fend off the rabid moshers. Next, they played one of their mellow songs off of Damnation album, to which the smell of marijuana permeated the crowd. After that they finished the set with the killer song "Deliverance" to which the moshing got really violent. After the band left the stage Mikael came back to wave to us wearing a Red Sox sweatshirt.

LAMB OF GOD: I'm not a fan of this band. Rather boring, but I had tons of fun engaging in their infamous mosh-circles-of-death. Early into the set, a surge of fans, who didn't pay for mosh admittance, breached the barricade and cascaded into the moshing area and all hell broke loose. They played over an hour of body-bashing and crowd-surfing. My back was killing me from pushing everybody around.

MEGADETH: Before the set they unrolled the backdrop featuring what appears to be the artwork for their next album, which looked awesome. I figured most people would be worn out from the LoG moshing so I got ready to watch these thrash legends take the stage. Just as they did, a huge blast ripped through my ear-drums as I saw four mushroom fireballs rise behind the front stage. I stayed until the third song when one of the girls I went with got elbowed in the eye-brow in the mosh and needed stitches at the hospital. I didn't mind leaving or staying to see Megadeth's pending 2-hour set, but I was exhausted and opted to join the rest of my crew as we went to the hospital to make sure she was alright, after which we went home.

A great concert for fans of all ages, featuring bands who put the guitar at the top of their priorities, as I may paraphrase Mustaine.

Their was actually moshing during Opeth's set? When I went the only moshing I saw going on was for Lamb of God. Everybody pussied out for all the other bands. I swear when "big name hot topic" bands tour with better bands they always steal the show.

Necuratul said:
Summoning - Oath Bound should be here tomorrow, and I just ordered this from ELR:

Black Hole - Land Of Mystery
Death Militia - You Can't Kill What's Already Dead: Anthology 1985-1988
Maninnya Blade - Undead, Unburied...Alive!
Pagan Altar - The Time Lord LP
Protector - Echoes From The Past...
Sacrifice - Soldiers Of Misfortune
Second Hell/Skull Crusher - Metal Deadness
Sleepy Hollow - 1989-1992: Rest In Pieces
Tyrant - Legions Of The Dead

Cool, I've been meaning to check Maninnya Blade but never did. How is this release and what does it sound like?

It's shipping out tomorrow, should have it some time next week, but I've heard the full-length before, and it's damn good primitive speed metal. It sounds like a more tame, less technical Hexenhaus (for obvious reasons), though there are certainly great distinctions. At least this is my recollection of the material, I haven't heard it in a while.

Satyricon -now diabolical

Candlemass -the curse of candlemass(DVD)

Candlemass -ancient dreams(reissue)

Creepshow 2(DVD)

Immortal -damned in black. My first immortal purchase. I'm very pleased by the musicianship and music in general, and also diversity. I have heard the first two at a friends house a few times deciding to just by one without hearing it for my first one. Abbath is a great guitarist and will problably inlfuence me.

Massacra -final holocaust,enjoy the violence. reissues

At The Gates -terminal spirit disease(digipack)

Old Man's Child -in defiance of existence

Bolt Thrower -for victory

Massacre -from beyond /inhuman condition

Belial -the gods of the pit pt. II,wisdom of darkness

Some stuff Erik might be interested in:

Agalloch - Pale Folklore
Katatonia - Brave Murder Day/For Funerals To Come
Summoning - Oath Bound
Temnozor - Sorcery Of Fragments

I was going to get Folkstorm Of Azure Nights, but Sorcery was cheaper.

cookiecutter said:
What are your thoughts on this? I liked the song K.I.N.G, but I think if the whole album was like that it would get tiresome.

I thought it was neat. I enjoy what the band is doing tempo wise/musically. The music is not always focused on speed which is great. The music just sounds somewhat epirimental like what a black metal band sounds years later ha. I would consider the music atmospheric but catchy at the sametime(good groove and you can get into it).

I actually saw Satyricon( probably 3 years ago). I thought they were good at what they did but was not into where I would buy something. I'm originally a death metal guy and lately have been getting into black metal bands.

The Gault - Even as All Fefore Us
Necros Christos - Grave Damnation
Drudkh - Autumn Aurora
Negative Plane - En In Saecula Saeculorum
Averse Sefira - Tetragrammatical Astygmata

Legend - Anthology

Bruce Dickinson - The Chemical Wedding
Dolorian - Voidwards
Judas Priest - Angel of Retribution