Post your music here if you want people to comment on it

Argumental.

Australian thrash metal!! :headbang:

were just starting out and have about 5 tracks recorded (its on pro tools so its not such a horrible job).
give us a try, you never know.

our new track is called 'shark' and its probably our best (thus far).

I listened to Shark and it was pretty badass until the vocals came in. Are you guys looking for a real vocalist, or what?

Fear (Master Demo)...once the drums come in on the intro the beat needs to be changed; sounds way too happy. After that, sounds good. Again, kill your vocalist. I don't mean fire him, I mean literally stab him with a knife. Possibly several. This will make you cool and attract someone who can actually sing.

Anyhow, some decent stuff. This could be decent retro thrash with a different vocalist and a better guitar sound.

Also:
Technical and Groovy riffs.

Razor Sharp Solos.

Machine Gun Double Kick.
I'll give you the third one, I guess...

Red Morning Voyage

Just got the gig (bassist) but they've been a band for quite a while. Prog/hardcore (He is Legend, Katatonia, Confide that sort of thing). Songs are from the EP they had done a while back, sounds fantastic for being from a small studio.

Cheers

Around the 1:40 mark it sounds like somebody needs to work on their left-hand muting and/or adjust the distortion.

The leads, melodies, and harmonies were tasty, but that main riff was kinda dull and I don't think the beat really fit it too well. Around the 4:20 mark is exactly the sort of thing you should focus on doing more of. Also, constant double-kick is not your friend, especially when the kick sound is that bad. At 5:40 there's a guitar melody that's definitely stolen from Iron Maiden, although I can't remember which song atm. Maybe Hallowed Be Thy Name? Overall pretty cool. I'd like to hear it with vocals.

I think it's kind of lame that of the six (6!) projects that you claim to have going, only two of them actually exist. And the track up for Orthodox sounds like you found a recording of people chanting (which I find it hard to believe you wrote) and added Darth Vader noises.

decided to have a go at commenting on as many as i can, constructively, starting with the first one that works for me. there are millions now so i'll give impressions and try and listen to as much as possible. if i don't like something i'll say so, but don't kill me for it!

www.myspace.com/divinetorture666
like the vocal rhythm around 1:28- 1:54 in Hard to Kill, first time I felt the death vocals fitted with what is a pretty thrash style. first half of song i was wondering if death vocals were the best fit. guitars are amazingly fuzzy, this doesn't make them brutal IMO. the riffs i can hear are pretty good. end of track 2 is cool and doomy.
track 3 is clear favourite. it's simple and heavy, solid writing with a cool changeup in the middle tempo-wise.
to be thrash/death, the death parts are gonna have to be more technical/brutal imo. but there's something there.

http://www.myspace.com/bmwgmusic
Overture- this is cool, electro with black metal can totally work, they both have that hypnotic vibe!! more!!

http://www.myspace.com/winterfellusa
3Kingdoms- some of the changes here are a bit random for me, as if the guitars are out of time. a full band would clearly flesh out/ solidify the beats though, perhaps i'm not hearing it right. the roots are there, with some guitar harmonies, a real drummer, this would sound intense.
wolves shall feast- cool, until the offtime parts. they just don't sound right to me. needs vocals etc. to make it clear what you're going for.

http://www.myspace.com/deathgrindmachine Thy Flesh Consumed
this is a cut above, because it's finished, it's produced, it's heavy as hell, and you could seriously bang your head to it. this is focused and fully realised, great musicianship, vocals have good variety and are really clear, and the movements between tempos are so sharp. some great mid-tempo grooves amid the chaos, and a hard low-end grind.

http://www.myspace.com/taliesinband
ah this is a bit different, off in proggy directions, and not grim destroy-the-world ones either. really, really great harmonies in the background. vocals up front/lyrics are a bit earnest for my taste, hey, i said i'd give honest feedback, and i'm only one person. I'm hearing a bit of DT or Porcupine Tree, maybe BtBaM in the music, in a good way, airy moments, chugging guitars, some "concentrate now drummer, concentrate hard" rhythm changes. Second track has the same airy rocking feel, like this a lot. sometimes gets a bit earnest in the vocals, which i'm not sure matches the open possibilities of the music.

http://www.myspace.com/geryonband
1st track a bit plodding for me. this is a taste issue not a performance one though, whole band sounds really solid. guitar riffs aren't that exciting, although the machine like nature of them is starting to appeal more throughout the song, hypnotic, some right hand. cool riff 2:40 in, could play on the off-kilter feel of it even more. tbh though it looks like you guys are done with writing at this point- what kind of feedback are you looking for?
2nd track- again, straight ahead, good and heavy, not reinventing the wheel but that's no bad thing. liking the start to track 3. not bad, not my thing perhaps, a few more surprises in the guitars would make me a fan.

http://www.myspace.com/theskylab
really strong atmospheric undertone, the filmscore/soundtrack tag wasn't a lie. there's a strong sense of melody and a stateliness to the progressions. that was my impression of goodbye earth, although it didn't ultimately hold my attention. Buried has started well. If i could work out what the lyrics were i think i'd enjoy it more, the storytelling aspect i think is probably important in this music. vocals could do with being a bit higher in the mix i think, the emotion in the voice is being lost, drums are overwhelming everything. a mix more sympathetic to the other instruments might help the listener. the use of keyboards is consistent, a changeup in their use (not just as the emotive "moby chords" instrument) would be cool. there might be tracks where you do this, but i can't listen to everything. this track, again, doesn't quite hold my attention over its entire length.

http://www.myspace.com/defied1
wow this is impressive guitar playing, real conviction and clear tone. strong vocals, top drumming. song jumps quite a bit, no bad thing at the technical end of things of course. not sure about the big black metal chords bit except for the cool chord progression in the second half of it each time through. another stop at 2:46 and i feel the momentum of the track is getting broken up. i think you throw in lots and lots of styles, and could maybe choose a coupla core elements for your next track and concentrate on them, or keep it all but accentuate the elements that are going to make you really stand out. that's what i'd do, because you guys clearly have awesome talent, but it sounds like you're trying to please everyone, and that seldom works. great ending. other track sounds good too, but i'm heading oooon, to

http://www.myspace.com/denimjacketband
ah, a rob zombie riff. catchy one though. this is cool, it has the feel of a heavy buckethead album, that "let's play out the riff tape" style and of course some berzerk soloing flourishes at the ends of riffs :) has the feel of guys rocking out and loving it, and that enthusiasm is infectious.
Purging the Masses- love the intro riff, errr, the rhythm guitar's gone walkabout a hundred miles away, but from what i can hear it sounds good. you boys love the breakdowns haha! sounds good!

http://www.myspace.com/ioofficial
like it. it's ambient, sounds good, not much more to say!

and that's page one.

for the love of god people, give OPINIONS. there's already a million pages of bands plugging themselves to nobody. if you're after feedback can you say what TYPE of feedback and see this as an opportunity to exchange ideas and improve your music, not just promote yourself. GEEZ!!

http://www.myspace.com/winterfellusa
3Kingdoms- some of the changes here are a bit random for me, as if the guitars are out of time. a full band would clearly flesh out/ solidify the beats though, perhaps i'm not hearing it right. the roots are there, with some guitar harmonies, a real drummer, this would sound intense.
wolves shall feast- cool, until the offtime parts. they just don't sound right to me. needs vocals etc. to make it clear what you're going for.

Ah, at long last some feedback. Thank you.

I actually recorded Three Kingdoms with a full band the other day, but it seems that protools has destroyed that. There aren't going to be any guitar harmonies - this has pretty much become a straight-up thrasher. It's sounding pretty good at rehearsal, though.

For Wolves Shall Feast, my drum programming is pretty bad, so for the parts with weird rhythms I tend to just throw a straight 4/4 beat over them because my drummer will come up with something much cooler later anyways. The verse in this song is pretty boring without vocals, imo, but again my drummer will come up with a cooler beat and it'll sound better.

Ah, at long last some feedback. Thank you.

I actually recorded Three Kingdoms with a full band the other day, but it seems that protools has destroyed that. There aren't going to be any guitar harmonies - this has pretty much become a straight-up thrasher. It's sounding pretty good at rehearsal, though.

For Wolves Shall Feast, my drum programming is pretty bad, so for the parts with weird rhythms I tend to just throw a straight 4/4 beat over them because my drummer will come up with something much cooler later anyways. The verse in this song is pretty boring without vocals, imo, but again my drummer will come up with a cooler beat and it'll sound better.

i understand entirely, would like to hear those recordings, there's the makings of an interesting project there. i know i personally get very tetchy about any criticism when i put my music on the internet, even when i ask for honest feedback, so i hope you know that i was just trying to be constructive!!

No, I'm not looking for praise. Those demos were made for my bassist, but I posted them here so that people could tell me what worked and what didn't work, which is what you did.

Around the 1:40 mark it sounds like somebody needs to work on their left-hand muting and/or adjust the distortion.

The leads, melodies, and harmonies were tasty, but that main riff was kinda dull and I don't think the beat really fit it too well. Around the 4:20 mark is exactly the sort of thing you should focus on doing more of. Also, constant double-kick is not your friend, especially when the kick sound is that bad. At 5:40 there's a guitar melody that's definitely stolen from Iron Maiden, although I can't remember which song atm. Maybe Hallowed Be Thy Name? Overall pretty cool. I'd like to hear it with vocals.

I think it's kind of lame that of the six (6!) projects that you claim to have going, only two of them actually exist. And the track up for Orthodox sounds like you found a recording of people chanting (which I find it hard to believe you wrote) and added Darth Vader noises.

Well, for all of those 6 projects, there are powertabs written, just nothing recorded. I'd say only Orthodox and Empyrean would be really serious at the moment, but I figured I might as well create the myspaces now (it looks kewl!) :p Did you enjoy the intentionally cheesy descriptions of sound?

Oh yeah and the Orthodox song is actually a chant taken from youtube with Audacity, therefore a lot fuzzier.

Thanks for the feedback! The 5:40 melody is unintentional I guess, didn't really notice the Maiden-ness of it. I agree that some of the riffs in the Empyrean song are extremely noobish and should be changed or rewritten.

Just take them out of your sig until you'd actually want someone to click on them. Also, the song for Orthodox is uncredited and you've done nothing to it, making it both lame and theft.

I don't see how you can possibly not notice the Maiden-ness of that melody. Someone who had never heard any music ever before would hear that and say "gee, that really sounds like something written by an 80s musical group who pioneered the playing of electric guitar harmonies over loud and heavy music."

Anyhow, focus on what you do well - guitar harmonies. Melodies over chuggy riffs are always a good call.

Do you write via power tab or on guitar? And what is your recording process? It sounds like it's extremely difficult for you to get stuff recorded.

yeah,We're Frankensteins Brown Eye........if you wanna hear it click My signature......kinda sludgy stuff I dunno,we're just goofing around trying to have fun....maybe you'll get a laugh outta it.

Listening to schizophenic cat (spelled schizophrenic, btw)...there keep being all these parts that sound cool but then it gets messed up. If you went back and listened to this and figured out what worked and what didn't, it could be cool.

Also, I totally hear the El Duce influence in the vocals.

Just take them out of your sig until you'd actually want someone to click on them. Also, the song for Orthodox is uncredited and you've done nothing to it, making it both lame and theft.

I don't see how you can possibly not notice the Maiden-ness of that melody. Someone who had never heard any music ever before would hear that and say "gee, that really sounds like something written by an 80s musical group who pioneered the playing of electric guitar harmonies over loud and heavy music."

Anyhow, focus on what you do well - guitar harmonies. Melodies over chuggy riffs are always a good call.

Do you write via power tab or on guitar? And what is your recording process? It sounds like it's extremely difficult for you to get stuff recorded.

The Orthodox song is a traditional hymn that's about 1400 years old. I don't know who to credit it to since the doesn't credit it to anyone either.

I didn't really start listening to Maiden regularly until after I composed that song. Nevertheless, I think it's a good melody and it should stay.

I'll come up with riffs on my guitar and then put them into power tab. The Empyrean track was actually played and recorded by my cousin, since he actually has pro tools (and hes a much better guitarist than me, I've only been playing for about a year). I still haven't gotten pro tools, though I do have Audacity and am looking for a free drum machine. And since anything recording with a meh comp mic and Audacity will inevitably be raw, if I end up recording it'd be tracks for Orthodox, since any of the other projects wouldn't fit that well with shitty production.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Orthodox song is a traditional hymn that's about 1400 years old. I don't know who to credit it to since the video doesn't credit it to anyone either.
I think the custom is "music: traditional"

I'll come up with riffs on my guitar and then put them into power tab. The Empyrean track was actually played and recorded by my cousin, since he actually has pro tools (and hes a much better guitarist than me, I've only been playing for about a year). I still haven't gotten pro tools, though I do have Audacity and am looking for a free drum machine. And since anything recording with a meh comp mic and Audacity will inevitably be raw, if I end up recording it'd be tracks for Orthodox, since any of the other projects wouldn't fit that well with shitty production.
I can help you out with recording guitars if you like; I can get a solid black metal sound out of my D/I setup.

Thanks a lot, the problem is, a lot of those powertabs are very rough and half the riffs were written awhile ago, so I honestly think a lot of my old riffs suck. And just sending you the powertabs would limit you to recording whats written in there alone, as opposed to me coming up with new things on the stop. Not to mention that I'm a bit of a musical dictator and would like my black metal project to remain solo for the most part. But if you wanna do something like a co-project separate from Orthodox, I wouldn't mind at all.

Actually...yeah, I'd be up for that. I also work in multiple styles (although so far within one band). If you want to, send me some ideas and I'll see if anything clicks for me creatively.

On the first song (At the Gates of Eljudnir) right now. The guitars sound fucking powerful. The music overall has much more weight than usual for this sort of thing (this is good). The female vocals don't really have quite enough power to front this sort of thing, though. Neither do the scratchy male vocals, for that matter, but the female vocals are more of a problem. That said, the overall result is pretty damn good.

Second song starts of like jollyfolk...very happy. I dig it, though. Female vocals fit much better here. No harsh vocals, which is good, as those tend to ruin happy songs. I like that you guys know when to let the guitars take over and when the keyboards should take the lead. Very well written.

I really like this. There's ample power, some dark atmosphere (the female backing vocals are a great touch), and general coolness. You guys definitely have your own sound. I heartily approve of your music and also of it's being from my state.

http://www.myspace.com/denimjacketband
ah, a rob zombie riff. catchy one though. this is cool, it has the feel of a heavy buckethead album, that "let's play out the riff tape" style and of course some berzerk soloing flourishes at the ends of riffs :) has the feel of guys rocking out and loving it, and that enthusiasm is infectious.
Purging the Masses- love the intro riff, errr, the rhythm guitar's gone walkabout a hundred miles away, but from what i can hear it sounds good. you boys love the breakdowns haha! sounds good!

Hey thanks for the feedback man, always nice hear that someone's listened to you and enjoyed it. I personally am not that big on breakdowns but my friend who did all the music is, but I guess I enjoy them a lot here just cause I was a part of it. I kinda wish I would have went for a lower more brutal death type vocals on the heavier parts but whatever, I'm happy with how my vocals turned out anyway.

Hi there, my name is azran from malaysia. Me and my friend form a band called scattered temptation on 2004 but in an on-off basis.

I've got 3 songs here and would appreciate if you guys can give any comment at all.

First, it's not a real recording since my band lost our drummer and still trying to find. For now, I just use Guitar Pro 5.2 RSE. Hope you guys can give an opinion about these songs (I already knew about the sound quality so skip that)

Here is the linkhttp://rapidshare.com/files/310960319/Scattered_Temptation.rar.html