Post your music here if you want people to comment on it

We're a pretty new band from BC, Canada. Our demo's been out for about six months, and so far we've gotten good feedback, but we can always use another opinion

Nice song, I like the technicality mixed with groove. I'll be sure to check out your myspace in a bit.

:OMG: Hey Guy's it's my first post...I saw this band called Marsrea at Club Soda...here in Montreal...and was wondering if anyone else saw them. It was a really good show.
Check them out and tell me what you think.
http://www.myspace.com/Marsera
Tell me what you think...I liked it.
Thanks.
Cobra427sc

Check this wonderful vocals and beauty of Svetlana Vysotskaya =))

svetlanav400.jpg

http://www.myspace.com/emeraldmindband
More photo and full album for free on http://www.emeraldmindband.com/

Please tell me what you think about it. If you don't like core genres at all, comment also !

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
First one:
The noodling at the beginning goes on awkwardly long. At about 26 seconds I expected it to go into a thrashy riff based on the melody, but it kept noodling. Once it does go heavy, I feel like you switch up sections too much. The fast thrashy riff should go on for longer (I assume this is the verse part) before going into the kinda fast groove (which I guess is a bridge or prechorus). The melodic thing that plays after that sounds like a chorus; if so, it should probably repeat at some point. The thing that comes in after the chorus (at 1:57) is excellent. I would use it for a bridge. There's another melodic bit that comes in later which I didn't really see the point of and then the outro, which is very cool.
Not to write your songs for you, but if I had those riffs and was going to arrange them, I would chop the intro noodling down to about 30 seconds, play the fast thrashy riff for long enough for a decent verse, use the fast groovy part to lead into the chorus, repeat that whole thing, then use that awesome bridge part and then go into the outro. Just my thoughts listening to this; there's definitely a good song in there.

With the second I would cut down on the use of blasting; it really doesn't work too well. The keyboards are excessively fruity for my taste.
I would use the riff that comes in at 24 seconds as a verse riff with a fast thrash beat over it (rather than a blastbeat). The part that comes in at 1:10 is awesome, but I would use it as a really dramatic bridge. The part at 1:30 sounds like a chorus to me, with clean vocals. The riff at 1:55 is pretty badass for an outro of some sort. Aside from that I don't really know what to do with most of these parts.

Structurally I really don't understand what you're doing with these; they seem to be a series of disconnected parts rather than complete songs.

Thank you very much for taking time to listen and write about these songs.
I agree on most of all your points and I think I'm going to rewrite the first song with new sick samples keeping in mind what you said.

First one:
The noodling at the beginning goes on awkwardly long.

You're wright ! But I'm thinking of releasing an album with my band and this is almost the only acoustic part, so I figured out I'd make it long to calibrate.

The melodic thing that plays after that sounds like a chorus
You can call it like that. However, my music is voluntarily not structured. It isn't organised as a continuation of choruses and verses. Breakdowns and clean vocal parts tend to replace choruses.

With the second I would cut down on the use of blasting; it really doesn't work too well. The keyboards are excessively fruity for my taste.
I made a mistake while recording. The first time it blasts, it is normally shorter, and there is a ride bell (wich you nearly can't hear) following every snare hit. In the outro, it is really too long.
I didn't find a better sample, but I'll find it .

Thanks again

I may not be 'WAIF' but I'm definitely 'some other guy' and here's what I think:

The first track had some cool riffs but nothing that I really felt grabbed me. I wasn't a big fan of the drums.. and I didn't really care for the vocals. The second track was IMO a lot better.. but they didn't really feel like actual songs to me.. more like collections of riffs/ideas. Granted, you're listed as Black/Death/_Progressive_.. but I still feel like the songs should go somewhere and I didn't really see where they were going. The riff that comes in after 3-4 minutes of the second track could have been a pretty cool climax.. but I think it felt flat when it should have been epic. Maybe you should add some cheesy black metal keyboards? [or non-cheesy ones.. but I prefer ze cheeeeze]

That being said, I think the music is really promising.. and without question something I could see myself listening to. Maybe you should book a professional studio with a producer who's used to recording metal?