post your sexy pics here

I will say though, I'm disappointed that DMs are now made in China. If you want a pair that are actually made in the UK you're going to pay a hell of a lot more for them. Knowing they're made in China takes away from the charm...oh well, at least I bought my hiking boots back when they were all made in Britain. *hugs them*

Not that I don't love my new boots! I do :)

DSC08709.jpg
Those kick ass!

I will say though, I'm disappointed that DMs are now made in China. If you want a pair that are actually made in the UK you're going to pay a hell of a lot more for them. Knowing they're made in China takes away from the charm...oh well, at least I bought my hiking boots back when they were all made in Britain. *hugs them*
True. Luckily my New Rock Boots were still made in Spain :) Who knows if they're gonna have them made in China, too..

Yep. Mine are from Spain as well. Mine are exactly like yours, BA...only the flames are grey. Lemme see if I can find a pic of them.

They're great concert-going boots, but I'm not a fan of walking around for long periods of time in them. They're even worse when you're playing live on stage. For one, if you use more than one pedal, yer fucked. Get ready to tapdance like Gregory Hinds due to all the mistaken switches/buttons yer gonna push inadvertently, especially with a multifx or multi-channel switcher. Secondly, unless you play in a prog-metal band and like standing still like a tree for two hours, doing any sort of high-energy stuff (see Azal's concert pics) will turn your legs into spaghetti and you'll discover that you'll only be able to focus on being able to simply stand up after about four songs rather than playing/singing.

Even what I call "Hetfield playing" is almost impossible after a bit. I tend to have a somewhat wide stance when I play/sing, and the pressure you put on one leg becomes really evident when you're standing in the same position for 7 minutes due to having to do vocals at the same time. As soon as you move that leg, it's dead.

I now have a big appreciation for the comfort/flexibility factor onstage, even if it takes away from the "show".

659856849_l-1.jpg

I can't stand New Rocks, they just scream "metal fan trying too hard to look metal"... But then again, I basically don't look anything like a metal fan at all these days so meh.

They're great concert-going boots, but I'm not a fan of walking around for long periods of time in them.
Yeah, when I bought mine 2 years ago I used to wear them every day.. :lol: But you can't do that over a long period of time.. My knees started to hurt and I couldn't run anymore. So I had to make a decision. lol.. These days I mostly only wear them when going to concerts.

I have recently re-discovered my love for the Nike cross-trainer. If we weren't such a thematic band, I'd probably wear blue jeans and Nike tennis shoes to play live.

I've become quite the fan of Saucony myself. Other brands I've tried (Nike, Asics, New Balance in particular) feel like cardboard boxes on my feet in comparison. Very supportive and like walking/running on clouds. Or as Derick put it, "walking on clowns." Loooooove my trail running shoes. <3333