post your sexy pics here

*Watches the tennis ball fly back and forth, as he smiles and thinks evilly about the duck sitting next to his bag of bread.*

Mmm, duck sandwich...

Sheesh...we only had a few slices to begin with. And it wasn't stale, it was just expired. As far as any being left behind to rot - no. I saw every last piece eaten. Sure if they gorge and gorge and gorge on anything, that is bad. People around here don't feed ducks very much in the winter, so it's not like they've been fed ridiculous amounts of bread over the last several months. Today was just an unusually warm day. This wasn't white bread either, it was wheat. Wild bird seed contains grain. Wheat is a grain *shrug*

But then again, even if we were feeding the ducks food which is nutritionally perfect for them, it would still be wrong due to all the other reasons :Smug:

The pictures were lovely, and I wasn't "blaming" you nor Derick, - I just had to say it because it is bad for them... so here I said it.
Same way I told Kevin about the seagal eating that donut...
I just can't stand to see poor animals eating human crap food... 's all.

this thread is losing its sexiness....

quick! someone!
semina31tk3.jpg

The pictures were lovely, and I wasn't "blaming" you nor Derick, - I just had to say it because it is bad for them... so here I said it.
Same way I told Kevin about the seagal eating that donut...
I just can't stand to see poor animals eating human crap food... 's all.

But actually your links do not directly relate to bread, they cover the entire gamut of any and all artificial feeding.

Based on the evidence you've provided in your links healthy bird seed is just as terrible as bread.

But actually your links do not directly relate to bread, they cover the entire gamut of any and all artificial feeding.

Based on the evidence you've provided in your links healthy bird seed is just as terrible as bread.

'xactly. those are "all the other reasons" i pointed to. artificial feeding of any kind is wrong, throws nature off balance, etc.

We're humans, what do we care about nature? *farts and changes the tv channel*

(Sarcasm, if you ever take me seriously)

I think what's worse for the ducks then being directly fed bread, is consuming all the other trash that people leave behind.

I still stand behind this. Who knows, perhaps we satisfied the ducks' appetites enough to keep them from getting into the leftovers of big mac's and mcchicken nuggets that I'm sure found their way onto the ground or were left on a bench.

karen, would you agree that feeding ducks nutritionally perfect food (specially made for them or whatever) would be ok? because it wouldn't. it's a form of domestication, which decreases their ability to fend for themselves. i just wanted to point out that derick was pointing that out :p

as important as the unhealthiness of bread is, that aspect is just as important.

so...if we're going to be scolded for feeding them bread, then it's only fair to scold us for feeding them PERIOD (whether it be bread or specially made duck food)

Not to mention, that every website i provided specifically mentioned bread as the main fatal cause of deaths to waterfowl...

This is not the case. They address the issue of "artificial feeding" and the negative consequences.

In fact, a large cause of death comes from disease that occurs when they eat and defecate in the singular area. Bread has nothing to do with that.

"Most waterfowl die-offs in the past 10 years have involved artificial feeding:"

Jesus Christ, you'd think you'd just heard Derick slaughtered 40 foxes to make socks for himself.

NL... we are not fighting, nor doing this in a "non civil" way...
It's a forum, we can exchange opinions... I don;t know what about D&C but I do it in good spirits... I'm not mad... not angry... just postin'
If we'll lose the ability to do so, what's the point of this place... huh?! HUH? :saint:

Plus.. I wasn't saying he killed foxes nor I was blaming anyone for killing duckkies......
sheesh... I just think bread is horrible for ducks, and yes I will always point it out, because I still do think it's horrible.

karen, would you agree that feeding ducks nutritionally perfect food (specially made for them or whatever) would be ok? because it wouldn't. it's a form of domestication, which decreases their ability to fend for themselves. i just wanted to point out that derick was pointing that out :p

as important as the unhealthiness of bread is, that aspect is just as important.

Oh. I'm with you on that one big time.. I'm against feeding ANY wild animals ANYTHING.

I thought you were starting to become irrational due to the caps, I like watching civil debate, but not when it escalates. Do continue then.