post your sexy pics here

I have a bottle of the real stuff I sneaked back in the US 3 years ago (before that dumb "no liquid" ban) from Europe... I have a 1/4 bottle left and I'm saving it like I'm saving diamonds... heh
It's great. The buzz is astonishing.
and you're right, you do need to mix it... I normally mix it with sugar and ice.
YUM YUM double YUM I say

yeah I remember about the burned sugar thing... I think it's the "classical" way to drink it. Anyway, I never really tasted the thing, since the bottle I bought was a gift for my sister.

my band played 2 shows this weekend and they were pretty sick and some people got some awesome pictures, first we played in brentwood at this place called the kazem which we thought wouldn't have many people, turned out they pretty much sold the place out, we were the opening band and the place was half full, pictures:
l_1916d78e5cb76def0925bd4825482213.jpg

l_183ba838a90c28c07027c851e5a7956f.jpg

l_729f8f46ce63679861d1f99ea06f529e.jpg

^ doesn't look that packed but there were at least 40 people in there, that shot was taken from the front of the stage, kinda in the pit i think

then after that we played at a bar in concord called the red hat which even though there were maybe 5 metal fans max and a few people at the bar to just get drunk and watch sports games, it was still cool hanging out with the other bands and just generally chilling, pictures:
l_33c1f3dabe7d49f8a41ec5aa0a4e8801.jpg

l_2dce46741d7c9a6bbe86f0ad47aed76c.jpg

l_e8a1160c088ed29f6b5db57ac97836f5.jpg

^ me looking like i'm talking to or lying on the table, our bassist greedily counting drink tickets (even though we didn't get paid we got free soda/water all night so it was pretty kick ass) and then our other guitarist looking totally sleazy

all in all it was a crazy weekend with a lot of setting up, tearing down, driving and playing but it was sick.

unless the photo was taken in Europe (I didn't read the whole thread) there isn't any narcotics in commercialized absinth, in North America at least. You won't get a buzz, but I heard the "drunk effect" is a bit weirder than being drunk on, say, beers. Like getting drunk on wine feels different than getting drunk on beers.

edit: And pretty much all absinth has a concentration of 70% of alcool... at least that's how it was when I was in Edmonton.......... you need to mix it with water and other juices if you want to drink it. Alone it tastes like crap.

That's a modern gimmick, but I have tried it like that and it is interesting. For a proper louche you need a slow drip of ice water over sugar.

definitely one of my regrets about my european visit was not trying Absinthe!

but i heard you can actually get REAL absinthe in amurica now without shaddy imports around the law?

I have a bottle of the real stuff I sneaked back in the US 3 years ago (before that dumb "no liquid" ban) from Europe... I have a 1/4 bottle left and I'm saving it like I'm saving diamonds... heh
It's great. The buzz is astonishing.
and you're right, you do need to mix it... I normally mix it with sugar and ice.
YUM YUM double YUM I say

Wow, when I read the question, these answers were so close to what I originally thought...

^ Drunk.