Post your "Vehemence VOCAL Try-Outs"

Mercyful_King

New Metal Member
Oct 15, 2003
alright... this was just an idea... hah hah...
i think i suck horribly, so i guess mine isn't really seriously..

but anyone who thinks they could sing for Vehemence, post their "try outs"

yeah, mine is pathetic.. it's just an example.. ahem

ftp://210.189.89.38/tryout4vehemence.mp3

that link may not stay up very long, since it's on Geocities and has horrible bandwith.

Jinn said:
to be honest, you rasp to much. Growl from your gut, not from your chest.

hmmmmmm... i'm still working on my technique.

growl from my gut, eh?

well, yeah... i thought i was already doing that. *confused*

well the way I do it is I use my diaphram... open my throat and close my lips.... that gives me tremendous low for my height. But see what works. careful not to strain yourself or else you risk damaging your speaking voice.

Jinn said:
well the way I do it is I use my diaphram... open my throat and close my lips.... that gives me tremendous low for my height. But see what works. careful not to strain yourself or else you risk damaging your speaking voice.

i've read several threads, and still haven't figured out exactly how to use my diaphram, or even what it is.. however, i am continually trying new things...

i always thought it was the opposite though. close your throat, and open your lips.. not OPEN your throat...

Hey man that was ULTRA SATANIC, we are going to play this at least once on tour haha. Thanks for the effort man, even though it wasnt serious. You can definately take your stuff to another band though. Nathan didnt start out all like he did on The Thoughts album he had a way different growl voice when he first started. It was years of practice to get Nathan to that point.

But yeah people post what you GOT. If it isnt serious, go for it anyways, should be fun.

VEHEMENCE said:
Hey man that was ULTRA SATANIC, we are going to play this at least once on tour haha. Thanks for the effort man, even though it wasnt serious. You can definately take your stuff to another band though. Nathan didnt start out all like he did on The Thoughts album he had a way different growl voice when he first started. It was years of practice to get Nathan to that point.

But yeah people post what you GOT. If it isnt serious, go for it anyways, should be fun.

yeah, it wasn't completely serious. besides, i was feeling like shite when i recorded that...

anyways, i heard that you guys were looking for a nu-metal/hardcore vocalist anyways... good luck!

Mercyful_King said:
yeah, it wasn't completely serious. besides, i was feeling like shite when i recorded that...

anyways, i heard that you guys were looking for a nu-metal/hardcore vocalist anyways... good luck!
yeh they're thinking of hiring Fred Durst

:D