Potter's field

good drumming/musicianship doesn't in any way dictate that you have to be technically amazing in order to make good/great music. the simplest of musical gestures can be enough! if you are technically better than someone else - it doesn't automatically make you more of an artist than the other guy. sure it just means you have more chops, but who cares about chops at the end of the day? (only musicians do) i want to hear soulful music and if that comes from the simplest drum pattern or the most complex i really couldn't care.

Hey, I never said that I didn't like that song, I said Charlies drumming wasn't phenomonal, They aren't, And if you tell me simple shit is soulful, don't tell me, that is pure bullshit, so whatever Dave Lombardo plays isn't good because it is technical and therefore not soulfull, that is complete and udder shit. Damn, I haven't had a good laugh like that in awhile, Charlie is a good drummer, I don't think he brings anything distinctive to the table anymore, I actually like the guy and have nothing against him, he just isn't all that great, AND I LOVE ANTHRAX! You guys seem to think I hate him or the band. Only has a great intro, now there is a good part for you.

"so whatever Dave Lombardo plays isn't good because it is technical and therefore not soulfull, that is complete and udder shit" yes that is utter shit because i did not say that. it seems you haven't read my post properly. soulful music can be simple or complex. the musical vocabulary is only a means through which the artist can express him/herself. and if this happens to be with a few notes or a hundred i couldn't really care less.
peace
MAX

part of what you just said is bullshit. Soulful is when you pour your soul into something. But just because you aren't the best at something doesn't mean you're not soulful. I have a Bass guitar, and I don't know anything about playing. But when I get angry I pick it up and turn it up and just go to town on it. And it feels great because all my emotion goes into it. And it usualy sounds damn good.

-Jono-

He replied to me I think. I do the same thing, I posted a thing about his on the musicians board, I don't play I usually hammer out my emotions, it just happens that my level of play is beyond chord changes, I'm not saying that to offend you or to imply that you are not good, I am refering to a cousin of mine, my cousin has a band that writes horrible music, simple stupid shit, he says it is full of emotion, I say it is full of two chord changes, and then he calls me a fake musician, sorry for wanting to kick ass and not fart around with one chord for three minutes, I put more time and energy into perfecting my art than he ever did, I do it because I love music and I need an emotional release. As soon as I get our material online I will post it and see what you guys think, If you like Anthrax you will like us, we play the old Anthrax style with a lot of different metal influences, Death, CC, Burning Inside, Cryptopsy, Crowbar, TestmenT, Iron maiden, Iced Earth, COC, Old SEP MET PANTERA and Megadeth, and many other bands are some of my favs, but I don't limit myself to metal, I also listen to Led Zep, FNM, Steely Dan, Bob Dylan, SRV, Miles Davis, David Bollenbeck, and a lot of bluegrass also. So there I am not being close minded when I say Charlies drumming isn't the best, I have different opinions and I share them.

Sounds cool I want to hear it.
lets see what else...
yeah I see nothing wrong with wanting to be a badass musician.
How is it fakeing when you make yourself good? A swordfighter practices and practices to be the best. I see that as also puttin soul into it.
-Jono-

It sounds to me more like it's about the fall of Lucifer, from his perspective. Listen with that in mind.