Just Curious

Grunt & Click

New Metal Member
May 26, 2004
So many on this board seem to want Anthrax to play all these older songs, what about requesting more John Bush era songs? I would rather hear the entire new album played live or anything off the previous three John Bush albums. I bet the guy would like all of us to rave about the songs he helped create than always dwelling in the Belladonna past. So, next time you scream a song title out, yell "Potter's Field", "Invisible", "Hy Pro Glo", "C11 H17 N2 O2 S Na", "American Pompeii", "Riding Shotgun", Tester", "Harms Way", Big Fat", "Alpha Male", "Think About An End" or some rarities, like "The Bends", "Exit", "Grunt & Click". Give the love up for Mr. Bush.

John Bush for President, beeyatches!!!

Fuck man. I love Bush more than Belladonna.
People rave on about Bush just as much Belladonna you just reading all the threads. People just want them to play older songs see what it would be like, Because it would be awesome.
Some of the best Anthrax ever came out of the 90's man

I Don't Die said:
Some of the best Anthrax ever came out of the 90's man

Yes, the best Anthrax songs came from the 90's and beyond. This band keeps growing and growing into a fierce fucking machine that kicks the fuck out of Belladonna era songs, those songs are great, but Bush songs are the fucking best, bar fucking none.

This band keeps growing and growing into a fierce fucking machine that kicks the fuck out of Belladonna era songs

Yeah, they definitely are growing!! Just look here:
Sound of white noise: 550,000
We've Come for you all:50,000
When was the last time Anthrax were on the cover of any magazines!

Grunt and click: It's alright supporting your fav band mate, but it's another to be a complete dick and make up stories.
Do you realize that a lot of people go to Anthrax shows just to see the old tunes??
Yeah, why don't we just make the whole set the new album?? Fuck off!!

thenotman said:
This band keeps growing and growing into a fierce fucking machine that kicks the fuck out of Belladonna era songs

Yeah, they definitely are growing!! Just look here:
Sound of white noise: 550,000
We've Come for you all:50,000
When was the last time Anthrax were on the cover of any magazines!

Grunt and click: It's alright supporting your fav band mate, but it's another to be a complete dick and make up stories.
Do you realize that a lot of people go to Anthrax shows just to see the old tunes??
Yeah, why don't we just make the whole set the new album?? Fuck off!!

Why don't you bend over and I will fuck you to death, beeyatch!!!

My point is to support the new material, instead dwelling in the fucking Belladonna past way too much, John Bush era Anthrax, the band as a whole, is much better musically than they were in the past. I am not talking sales dickhead, I am taking mother fucking music, music, yes, fucking kick ass music.

Let them bring their improved talent to the masses when they play, so someone young or old can realize how great a band they have become and continue to grow.

You are just replying to this because I dissed your lame pain thread, mother fucka!!!

i love the newer stuff, i would say i probably prefer the newer stuff over the older more thrashy stuff.

live i think they should play a mix of both, some of the older classic songs, but an equal amount of the new stuff too, its all good

David

I checked all your posts and you haven't got much to say about anything new or exciting. Yet you give me a hard tme for writing my post. Why did you do it??
What did you attempt to gain from being rude to me (another Thrax fan just like you).
If they a re so good musically these days why is nobody interested. You also put down things as if they are fact. The newer albums may be better to you, but that is not little boy, just opinion.
Richard Taylor - Metaphysics go buy and try and read it. Maybe you'll learn that we only have theories on existence and so on. These theories and respect for others accumulate together to develop wisdom.
It souds like you have no respect for the Belladonna years, have yo even heard those records???!!!

thenotman said:
If they a re so good musically these days why is nobody interested.

because mainstream music is lame, and Anthrax are not. Im interested. who cares if they are not on the cover of magazines. sure, it would be a great thing and would help them and i would love to see it, but ive seen mentiones of Scott or Thrax in guitar mags, or they get thier clips on VH1. They get respect, they have not been forgotten. Thanks to their unfortunate problems with record companies over the last decade didnt hlp at all.

And Notman....... why are you always putting down Anthrax, or nit picking on why they arent popular, or telling Scott to get guitar lessons. Do you like them or hate them? Whats your deal?

i have to agree that there should be more bush period,on the stomp tour they played heaps of there new stuff and a few old tunes,it was the perfect mix,the old fans are obviously not buying the new records,look after the hardcore that do i say!!!

that really is my only complaint about last tour,to be honest the old songs like deathrider madhouse didnt go down to good at all they went backwards in setlist,hey it was cool for a longtime fan to hear them but i would put money on there being more people there if they played 85 percent bush material!!!!

maybe they could start a poll on the anthrax web page,i would love to see a bush only set,fuck it wouldnt hurt anthrax to try this...

mrthrax said:
maybe they could start a poll on the anthrax web page,i would love to see a bush only set,fuck it wouldnt hurt anthrax to try this...
Really, it's all ANTHRAX.

But I agree they should focus a little more on recent releases. Like 2 from Vol. 8, 2 from Stomp, 5 or 6 from WCFYA (why did Black Dahlia get dropped?) and the rest from SOWN and before. It wouldn't kill to have a longer set also. 80 minutes is weak.

jdelpi said:
Really, it's all ANTHRAX.

But I agree they should focus a little more on recent releases. Like 2 from Vol. 8, 2 from Stomp, 5 or 6 from WCFYA (why did Black Dahlia get dropped?) and the rest from SOWN and before. It wouldn't kill to have a longer set also. 80 minutes is weak.
well said

hell, who not play all the albums chronologically from start to beginning, then surely there would be enough old stuff, and it would make the set longer too

or your suggestion would be cool...

David