Poutine ?

It sounds like it would be delicious as fuck, but it looks like some drunk threw up a mix of french fries and popcorn into a box. :lol:

I'm American and until meeting my Canadian wife, I had never heard of it. I got hooked the first time I tried it. I moved to Montreal over the summer and had to cut back on the poutine, cause I was eating it all the time and starting to get a belly.

I can't understand how anyone can't like it. Love it maybe not, but saying that poutine is gross seems just...insane.

Fries = good
Gravy = good
Melted Cheese = good

How could combining all of those things not be amazing?

Reminds me a little bit of garbage plates that are popular in Western NY in terms of how that looks.

A bunch of good shit topped with hot sauce. Smash it in your face. Usually a choice of mac salad or baked beans, french fries or some sort of potato deal topped with a choice of meat (hamberger, cheeberger, hot dog, etc...) and then that shit is smothered in hot sauce.

GarbagePlate1.JPG

I'm in Ontario, it's been here for months haha! GOD DAMN BACON POUTINE IS AMAZING!

Nobody does it like Swiss Chalet though...

I'm originally British, and the First time i ever tried Poutine, it felt like Unicorns were shitting love, team spirit... and the willpower to be fat right onto my tounge.

I want some now... and a McRib...

Yeah, chips are basically the UK term for french fries - only usually slightly larger.

They're actually not, they're made differently. Also plenty of Irn Bru in the rest of the UK. ;)

I can't help but laugh when I see trailers selling "REAL CORNISH PASTIES" in London. Nevermind the fact that pasties actually come from Devon but whatever. There are about as many pasty shops in Plymouth as there are McDonalds/BK/etc, if not more.

i love poutine, as my wife is from quebec, the first thing i do is when i go out of montreal airport is getting myself a poutine!!

its unhealthy as fck.. but damn its good

we once tried to make poutine here in austria but it didnt worked out well, the quebecois salty cheese that is used for poutine is not really replaceble with gouda or some sort of cheese