You know you're CANADIAN when... (OT)

Squeak

Photo Mistress
OMG this is too funny. :D I got this from a friend of mine. Scary thing is, I understand everything on here. HA! It's not my fault, REALLY. hehe

You're not offended by the term, "Homo Milk."

You understand the phrase, "Could you pass me a serviette, I just dropped my poutine, on the chesterfield."

You eat chocolate bars, not candy bars.

You drink pop, not soda.

You know what a Mickey and 2-4 mean.

You don't care about the fuss with Cuba. It's a cheap place to go for your holidays, with good cigars.

You know that a pike is a type of fish, not part of a highway.

You drive on a highway, not a freeway.

You have Canadian Tire money in your kitchen drawers.

You know that Casey and Finnegan were not part of a Celtic musical group.

You get excited whenever an American television show mentions Canada.

You brag to Americans that: Shania Twain, Jim Carrey, Celine Dion and many more are Canadians.

You know that the C.E.O. of American Airlines is a Canadian!

You know what a touque is.

You know that the last letter of the English alphabet is always pronounced "Zed" not "Zee".

You understand the Labatt Blue commercials.

You know how to pronounce and spell "Saskatchewan."

You perk up when you hear the theme song from "Hockey Night in Canada."

You were in grade 12, not the 12th grade.

"Eh?" is a very important part of your vocabulary and more polite than, "Huh?"

Winter. Whenever you want it. And then some.

There's German food, Italian food, Chinese food, Armenian food, American food, but NO Canadian food.

You call a "mouse" a "moose".

You like the Americans a little because they don't want Quebec either.

Contests run by anyone other than the government have "skill-testing questions" that winners must answer correctly before they can claim a prize.

Everything is labelled in English and French.

Milk comes in plastic bags as well as cartons and plastic jugs.

Mountain Dew has no caffeine.

You actually get these jokes and pass them on to other friends from Canada

The Yngster said:
your mountain dew doesnt have caffeine? whats the point?

It doesn't - but our milk does - and the plastic bags work better as a caffeine preservative than cans or bottles :loco:

O.G.B said:
no u don't...I've lived here my whole life and its boring as fuck

No way man - this province has everything I want out of life! The only thing that blows giant donkey anus is the winters - they are brutal - cold - and seem to take forever.

We have cheap houses/bills/auto insurance/standard of living compared to most other places in Canada - and the trade off is the shitty winters.

I'll bear the cold anyday to have more/bigger/better toys. And on a positive - no hurricanes/tornados/monsoons/earthquakes/natural disasters here. For me - it's pretty stress free.

Some people hate the flat and the wheat - but Calgary is only a quick 6 hours away.

Me likey Saskatchewan!

You know it Jimbo! I'll take a good Canadian winter with blue skies over the dreadful wet climate we have here and I'm sure it's the length that is the most difficult (and I do realize we'd need to learn how to dress against -30 ;))
Put a Canadian in Holland on a +15 degree rainy day in March and he won't get warm - seen it happen with my own eyes :D (ask Nargang or Sandy ;))

Bill (right?), boring is just what you're used to.. the reason to come to Canada is the space and most of all the mentality. I totally love the mountains (but the prairie overwhelmed us too) and I would love to live there, but it's so much more expensive there and for immigrants that have to start from scratch again, a city where you have friends and where life is so much cheaper wouldn't be a bad choice :kickass: And the mountains aren't all that far away.. but Jim.. Calgary 6 hours? Not within the speed limits I think? :p

Oh well... first we'll visit again in October! :headbang: :Smokin: :kickass: :cool:

Yuppers - I don't care for rain either - well - aside the fact of sustaining life on this planet! I definitley prefer the nice sunny days.

Speedlimit is now 110kmph here - so you can get away with 120-125 without getting pulled over. And even if you do get pulled over doing 10k over the limit they'll probably let you go.

Last time I went there I did 140 all the way and made it in about 5.5 hours including a gas stop!

Amen to that dude...bring on the motorcycles...!!

For sure Chad! I'm just 'fizzin in the crizzle' right now - but will soon buy a new GSXR litre bike - I can't freakin wait to be a little more out of debt so I will know what it feels like to do 0-100 in 2.7 seconds - instead of this wimpy 3.0 second hurdle I can't get over with my current bike!! We should go for a rip sometime!

Regina is a podunk town, full of prairie hicks and beer-bellied sharecroppers.

Yes - agreed - but the metal scene is better here than in Calgary - a city 6 times the size of this place.

and beer bellies are sexy... I rest my case

Hey - no matter how hard some of us try it just isn't gonna happen!!!!!

randy.jpg

Thank you sir for the classic Randy pic! I unfortunatley missed them when they came to Regina cause I was outta town............

Knock knock - who's there - FUCK OFF!