Power metal -ish

Silverbullet

// Silverbullet
I'd like som tips about new bands.
It should be power metal or similar.
Like Helloween, Gamma Ray, Sonata Arctica, Edguy. Or Nightwish, Within Temptation, Thalion and so on.
Basically, bands with very good singers and not to hard music.

(I know, very lame with the colors ;) )

I haven't delved too deeply into power metal yet but there are some really good underground power metal bands or so I heard. In fact the ones I do like are among my favorite bands peroid.

Nocturnal Rites, Hammers of Misfortune, Manowar, and Slough Feg are pretty good. Stratovarius is pretty good also since I noticed you didn't post them, they're like Sonata Arctica (which is my favorite band :D).

Wow, that's almost the polar opposite of what I like (though I like a little bit of "good" singing).

I'm pretty much the same way I love good power metal vocalists.

And as you asked for Power Metal, listen to DragonForce. Go on, do it.

I think the people who hates those guys have a stick up their ass. They're undeniably fun.

Symphony X, too. I don't like 'em much but I have to admit they have a good singer and their last album was pretty fucking good.

Dream Theater aren't power metal, but it isn't exceptionally heavy most of the time and you might like the singer (he sounds kinda 80s ish to me, who knows). Their last album is the best of their latest stuff IMO, Scenes is probably their best over all.

Carry on.

Kamelot are nice.

And as you asked for Power Metal, listen to DragonForce. Go on, do it.

Dragonforce used to be a great listen but they get old fast, their guitar style is very difficult to get into. It's too much nothing but speed imo.

Dream Theater aren't power metal, but it isn't exceptionally heavy most of the time and you might like the singer (he sounds kinda 80s ish to me, who knows). Their last album is the best of their latest stuff IMO, Scenes is probably their best over all.

Carry on.

Pfft, Circus Maximus > Dream Theater.

Try Prog Power bands like Vision Divine & Angra first.

I'd consider checking out Communic. One of the best power metal bands around. Also consider Mercenary and maybe Nocturnal Rites.

Nocturnal Rites.

I'm with this guy, Nocturnal Rites is one of the better power metal bands, they haven't gotten much popularity yet sadly which is a shame cause they're really good. They also seem to be getting better with album by album which is something most metal bands do not do.

Back