Powerfest '10

Well Powerfest's early conception was somewhere else so I think they could find another place.

Chicago probably has a crap load of possible venues.
I would personally enjoy the idea of House of Blues.
From what I can tell though there is supposedly bad blood between CPF goers and such but Its got the size and the sound quality that beats the shit out of anything Ive been to in Michigan.

In anycase after the question is officially answered we should make this the wish list topic.

Pleeeasssse.....not the HOB. First, it's WAY overpriced, second, the hotels downtown are too expensive, third, there is NO in/out, and fourth, the bouncers are a$$holes....
The only upside I can possibly see to the HOB is that it's a fairly large venue, and the size would fit P-Fest perfectly, other than that......I say "No" to HOB
(just my humble opinion though ;))

I vote for Durty Nellies or Austin's Saloon.

Not sure about the hotels in the vicinity, but the venues themselves are stellar, even if the rooms are smaller (800ish capacities). If you could get the whole venue, there are also restaurant and bar areas outside of the main music room to gravitate towards, which would leave some space for those that wish to get away from the music for a moment.

I think CRJ Productions should buy/take over the Pearl Room. Then they would be set for future CPF's and they could host all kinds of other awesome concerts.

:headbang:

I vote for Durty Nellies or Austin's Saloon.

Not sure about the hotels in the vicinity, but the venues themselves are stellar, even if the rooms are smaller (800ish capacities). If you could get the whole venue, there are also restaurant and bar areas outside of the main music room to gravitate towards, which would leave some space for those that wish to get away from the music for a moment.

Both places have hotels within a couple of miles. Mind you neither within convenient walking distance like the Pearl Room, but that's a minor detail. I will say that both places have decent stage setups, though I think between those two Nellies would be more conducive for a fest situation. Just my opinion. With a recent ticket purchase I made for Austin's, looks like they have opted for the "no re-entry" rule as well. Sorry, but that's bullshit. I know that could be alleviated with the CPF Sponsorship package, but that really isn't fair to the rest of the folks.

I guess it would depend too on how big CRJ wants to make Powerfest for the future. There's obviously a lot of options. We'll all have to wait and see!