PP usa gig

Havermout said:
guitarsolo ! :mad:, i would die a happy man if i ever could witness at least one song with Carina on stage singing her parts :worship:.

Henk

he he he I did that in Gothenburg.
She entered the stage in the last part of Masterplan.
But to tell the truth I was hoping for a live version of For every tear that falls.

I really enjoyed the guitar solo myself. I think it was very powerful and beautiful. Sure, it was not Carina but it certainly was just as mighty (at least in my opinion) ...

Saxiquine said:
'

The trilogy was in the beginning an extra track for the japanese print of In search of truth I think.
But they put it on the limited edition of Recreation Day as well.
It's three old songs put together.

I had NEVER expected to get to see Trilogy of The Damned live.....I just adore that song, and when Tom started singing I could feel me eyes filling up with tears....It was absolutely amazing.

I'm new to this by the way, I'm Susanna from Finland....My boyfriend Jim lives here in Atlanta, that's why I was a Prog Power. I spoke to the Evergrey guys before the show, they were all shocked to hear someone speaking Swedish to them....:)

--
Sanna

You should have been to the (short) Toronto show- THAT kicked ass! (and I even got to "masquerade" as "Arch Enemy" Angela!- he he)
But you have one fact wrong, my friend. Henrik, the sound man AND Jonas were ogling the very not-available tease of a bartender. Rickard was with us busy signing my back!!
The Venoy suite was the scene of a very unorganized party wherein certain presumptuous fellows decided to drink my husband's Sierra Nevada instead of the decoys up front...Not a good day for them. But Matt did manage to chug a whole bottle of Jagermeister and was led out by his poor wife, ala Tom style.
Regarding the upstairs happenings, I'm happy to report that the EG guys were very well behaved. Mike even managed to call his significant other at 4 a.m. (on Kerri's phone #$%^^%%$$).
Sorry about the body slam Chris Lotesto! Hope your back is okay~
And Henrik did get your pictures.

jaimek said:
I posted a monster over on the PerpMo boards yesterday, so if you read that, this won't be anything new.

The set kicked ass - certainly a big improvement over the show at Jaxx the other week! They pulled out a few mellow tunes to complement the usual repertoire, which was awesome. You know you can count on them for the asskicking shit, so it was nice to see a change of pace now and again. Took lots of pictures, of course, and I'll post them sometime tomorrow.

I talked my friend Tracy into coming out from CA for the weekend, and she was hugely impressed too. Made her buy Rec. Day. Didn't even have to twist her arm much. I got the single for I'm Sorry from IOMA, had a couple people go "ooh, where'd you get that?" Couple guys got on the plane with me Sunday afternoon, saw my Evergrey Clan shirt, and said "great fucking show!"

Didn't see much of them after the show - Tom and Mike disappeared, Henrik was off ogling the infamous bartender, and Rikard and Jonas were sociable for a while. I think we scared Rikard though - poor guy didn't know what to do with a horde of chicks armed with Sharpies. hee.

They showed up again later at Dee Venoy's suite at like... *rummages through brain* maybe 3am? My brain's a little fuzzy at this point. Jonas made the mistake of picking up the bottle of German obstbrand that was my contribution to the party. (I like to bring interesting things...) He popped the cork, took a sniff, took a big gulp, paused for three seconds, then screwed up his face and went "yuck!" Everyone else was hiding upstairs doing whatever it is a bunch of drunken guys do when they're sequestered in a bedroom... passed out? snoring? I went back to my hotel around 4am. Left a packet of photos from Cleveland and Jaxx with Chris Lotesto to give them whenever they reappeared - dunno if he was coherent enough to remember.

I'm proud to say that my alcohol can overwhelm even the hardcore Swedish drinkers. *big grin*

It was a great weekend. I'd go to ProgPower even if I wasn't interested in ANY of the bands, just because I have so much fun wreaking havoc with the people!

So how long did your autographs last? I still had black smears on my chest five days after Cleveland before the last of it washed off...

Well, I soaked in my kick ass jacuzzi tub at the Granada, scrubbed the temp. tattoo AND markers off in one soak! Not bad huh? Guess you just need someone to scrub your back......
jaimek said:
So how long did your autographs last? I still had black smears on my chest five days after Cleveland before the last of it washed off...

Hi. This message is to the person from Cuba, NY (Jaime already knows me). Just wanted to say hello to a fellow metal fan in NY. I'm not too far from you actually, I work with three people from Cuba, NY.

BABS

PS Hi Jaime, I have no idea how the hell I found this forum (giggle).

Havermout said:
This list was posted by Wayne in another thread at the PP message board. he's one of the guitar techs back stage
Either the list isn't complete or they skipped a few songs since Mike told me the would play 18 songs. To me this list sounds quite ok, but i'm really bad in song titles....but most of them i can remember.

Henk

Henk - I posted right off an actual setlist that I have with the different tunings on it. Trilogy counts as 3 tunes I guess... that would make it 18?

Imagikadrummer said:
they have one hell of a guitar tech. I’ve never seen one like him before and I doubt I ever will again. He took great care of them.

Biffen was a tornado when they arrived. He came in, got them set up, and then proceeded to change guitar strings before the set. Talk about attention to detail - he even wiped condensation off of beer cans before handing them to the guys (note to self for next Progpower)
I was fortunate enough to hang with the band and him when they did a show in Worcester Mass. He is funny as hell.
He'll be on the road with King Diamond as well... I'll buy him a beer at the shows at Toads Place in New Haven.

Wayniac said:
Trilogy counts as 3 tunes I guess... that would make it 18?
hey, good to see you here Wayne.

well, from that angle it makes sence. Although i would have felt ripped off it was a commercial text on a CD for example.

"Get this CD with 18 Evergrey songs!"

buying it, play it at home and find out that the track indicator on the CD player tells me: 16 tracks!

It was a great set and show, 16 or 18 songs, who cares? :cool:

Havermout said:
hey, good to see you here Wayne.

well, from that angle it makes sence. Although i would have felt ripped off it was a commercial text on a CD for example.

"Get this CD with 18 Evergrey songs!"

buying it, play it at home and find out that the track indicator on the CD player tells me: 16 tracks!

It was a great set and show, 16 or 18 songs, who cares? :cool:
Good to be here. I am more of a lurker these days.
Agreed - I'd be pissed if they used that text to sell... and agreed that THEY KICKED ASS! ;)

Evergrey was easily the best band of the night. My neck was very sore from all the European style headbanging I was doing. I was on the fence about Evergrey before seeing them at PP4 and they live gig made me a believer. The band ranged from brutal to sombre with Trilogy of the Damned. I had goosebumps from that song live. Tom's voice made that song. I have a new found respect for Evergrey from that day on. They are now one of my favorite bands