PP USA VII: Band #5 confirmed

Harvester said:
Two bands announced every two weeks on Monday mornings right? Wrong.

Freak Kitchen is confirmed for their U.S. debut.

Glenn H.

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:OMG:

This is so frickin' gonna rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU GLENN! You've made my 2006!
I think EVERYONE is in for a real treat with this one!
Nice placement too! I love you maaaaan! :D

J-Dubya - I think I just went potty!!!!

sh0kr0k said:
Wow, great news Glenn! I really don't know a lot about this band but I know a bunch of people will be more than excited by this announcement! I already have it up and running through my promotion sites - can't wait to see the rest of the line-up!

Congrats John & Bear!!

I'll bring some of their cds along on Saturday. :)

Jax said:
A few of us have been hoping to see FK at PPUSA since the first PPUSA in IL..kickass, Glenn, you just made my year!

*crosses fingers that FK won't play while I'm sitting at the raffle table* :lol:

I will drag you from the table down to the floor if necessary!!! :D

Yep, I'm stoked!

J-Dubya

lee drummond said:
I'm listening to one of the audio samples and they're not that good at all I'm gonna say, NO

Your trippin, check out the albums not the friggen samples. Move, Dead Soul Men, Spanking Hour all kick ass!!!

Not to mention Freak Guitar I & II

I don't think Steve Vai would have signed IA to his label Favored Nations if he sucked.

Bear

Emerald Sword said:
Now, all we need is RUNNING WILD!!!

I like the way you think Emerald but I think its too good to be true, at least for this year. i am so not imterested in Freak, that may be my dinner break. I'm assuming they are the oddball?
Hope the rest of the lineup is stronger and probably it will be given the track record thus far.

I don't even know what's up for mp3 samples yet, but I'll easily reccommend
ANY FK cd for entertainment value. My personal faves are Dead Soul Men
and Spanking Hour but Organic has grown on me like a bad rash.
Move is probably a good place to start, but do not forget the back catalog, there is SO much great stuff there. The 3rd self titled cd is a bit different
than the others, and probably the most varied, so I'd say FK newbies need to get a hold of Move, Dead Soul Men, and Spanking hour if they are interested.
I really hope these guys are the band that gets a lot of "buzz" from playing this fest. Damn, I can't wait til September.........Are we there yet???

J-Dubya

LOL. The next thing you know the Manilla Road chants will break out.

...which is not a bad idea... I'd love to see some doom on your bill. :)

J-DUBYA 777 i am so stoked also, i know i almost had a freaking heart attack when i saw it, and then to learn I WAS one OF THEIR SPONSORS holy shit!!!!!! This year is going to kick ass

John

Harvester said:
LOL. The next thing you know the Manilla Road chants will break out.

Glenn H.

Manilla Road??? Hey, I'm not talking about some band that's been floating around on indie labels for years. I'm talking about the FUCKING Pretty Maids!!! Major label (CBS/Sony), Headliner status all over Europe, umpteen albums, and a band that's a staple in virtually every respectable collection (yes, even beyond "Future World"). C'mon, Glenn, you've seen the posts, you"ve heard the voice of the people and that voice, my friend, is consistently saying "Pretty Maids would be a nice addition to ProgPower USA". Aside from Zod, who hates everything deemed "established", it's overwhelming support. The people speak. Will "the man" listen?

:headbang:

I am psyched about this year's lineup thus far, but god damn, those FK samples were downright painful to listen to imo. Apparently there is strong support for them; just not my cup of tea. Awaiting the next band.... and hoping for Labyrinth, Vision Divine, or Time Machine. Bring some Italians back!!!!!