PP USA XI Sponsors

I'm Ed!!! You complimented me on my Tyr shirt on Friday at PPX. (at least I think that was you) And I've been to a few Chicago Powerfests.

MY SHIRT TWIN!!! :D

Yup, that was me. We had on the same shirt. Only difference is mine was a girly tee. :)

@Glenn: Are the sponsors supposed to recieve an e-mail from you with payment details and such?

YAY! Sponsor for Illusion Suite! And my name was actually spelled correctly on the first try, which is shocking. Nobody ever gets it right! :)

I'm a first-time sponsor, so I'm a bit nervous about how everything is done, which is why I'm anxious to get the dreaded e-mail. ;)

Ahh, it only hurts for a little bit. You will have a blast being a sponsor. The PP was my first go as a sponsor. There is something so nice being able to go in and out at will and having such awesome access to the bands.

As Dave already pointed out, I am a co-sponsor for DGM! :headbang:

Now, for me, just hope I get the cash back together again (after having dropped nearly $30,000 for house renovations just this past month :OMG:).

Actually, I do have plenty of cash in reserve - just don't want to dip into that account if I don't have to.

Key rule - don't go backstage or in the pit and act like a drunken asshole. In all the years I have been a sponsor, I've yet to see anyone do that, though I suppose Glenn has a story or two. Other than that, just follow the rules, and they're simple. He'll go over them at the sponsor meeting Friday morning. I think a main thing to remember for backstage etiquette, is you may NOT go in the bands' dressing rooms unless invited. Frequently, you will be, but don't be pushy. I haven't seen anyone do that either.

Key rule - don't go backstage or in the pit and act like a drunken asshole. In all the years I have been a sponsor, I've yet to see anyone do that, though I suppose Glenn has a story or two. Other than that, just follow the rules, and they're simple. He'll go over them at the sponsor meeting Friday morning. I think a main thing to remember for backstage etiquette, is you may NOT go in the bands' dressing rooms unless invited. Frequently, you will be, but don't be pushy. I haven't seen anyone do that either.

Exactly! The rules are pretty much common-sense type of things to begin with. For example, as to the dressing thing, the dressing rooms are the band's private space, just like you wouldn't want somebody just come barging in your hotel room without your permission/invitation.

Gotta admit - kinda bummer on the food thing, but I can certainly see Glenn's point on that aspect. At least we do get drinks, though.

For me, I was more excited than being nervous. It was quite a fascinating experience to get to see parts of ProgPowerUSA that normal Joe Q. Public ticket holder would not get to. I am stoked that I get to do it again this year!

I don't really drink, so I won't be acting like a drunken idiot either backstage or in the pit. :)

Truth be told, if I go back stage at all, I'll probably be far too nervous to do anything other than stand there, mouth slack and eyes glazed in awe. Especially if HammerFall is in the immediate vicinity. They're the reason I'm into this music scene, and they will always, ALWAYS have a special place in my heart. I think the only danger I would pose is that I might say something stupid to a band I love, like "...your music...it's good. Hur hur hur!" Or I might call Joacim pretty and embarrass myself.

Beyond that, I think I'll be okay. Nothing beyond sponsor-virgin giddiness.

Really, I'm most excited that I'll be able to bring my digital camera. It's a point and shoot, but it's small and easy to carry, and provides better pictures than my ancient Minolta, which I have retired. That is, assuming VIP's can still have digicams next year. :) Otherwise I'll bring my big Nikon.