Royal Hunt
Dark Tranquility
Meshuggah
Malpractice (awesome band from Finland)
Nightingale
Devin Townsend (what they said!)
Arjen in any shape or form!
Soilwork
Suspyre (they deserve another chance, without a session drummer, without all the bad luck and with a less powermetally set)
PoS
Atrox
Sylvan
Shadow Gallery
Zero Hour (Awesome, dude!)
Thessera (they sounded good in the basement, curious as to what they'd do on the big stage!)
The Aurora Project

and last but not least: Circus Maximus!

Oh to hell with it.. here's some more wishes (so much for keeping it short):

Darkane.. forgot to add them.. YES PLEASE!
Anathema
Frost*
Unexpect

and any of the following from previous years I've seen:
Voyager
Adagio (or just the bass player will do!)
Disillusion (please!)
Sun Caged
Atrox
Katatonia
Wolverine
Pain of Salvation (but ban their screens this time!)

I am planning to visit PP EU again as a visitor as well and I would go for Blind Guardian. Since I toured with them as well, I know that they played in similar venues like the Sjiva. I know the price range and stuff so it is not my place to say anything about that but if BG were there, I would be more than happy to book my plane tickets and visa this very moment :).

Same goes for Symphony X.

Strange Land - besides them being a great band that'd be a chance to meet my e-friend (guitarist) in reality
Twinspirits - also for meeting Daniele Liverani, instead of only chatting at progulus
Cosmics - make it a double Liverani appearance (and have Virgil Donaty on stage!)
Panzerballett - unfair that only Dario and me are always having a big laugh at their super skilled death-math-metal-jazz gigs
Vandenplas
Atmosfear
Redemption
Dominici

Parallaxe - mindblowing french instrumental band
check them out at http://www.myspace.com/parallaxe

Mind's Eye
Thessera
- missed them in 2007
Mindflow
Galahad
Transmission
Indukti
Riverside
Guilt Machine
OSI
Animals As Leaders

Rush - for improving ticket sales!:p
A.C.T. - Andromeda - drummer double appearance
Freak Kitchen / Freak Guitar
Ritual
Pallas
Abigail's Ghost
Pure Reason Revolution
Hayseed Dixie
- another laughing asses off event!
Collins Wardingham Project - if possible, would be probably the first band from NZ
Beyond Twilight
Frost*
Overhead
Sleepytime Gorilla Museum
Fromuz
Animations
It Bites
Zero Hour
Faraz Anwar

That's what he's spending his efforts for? :ill: Sad he won't gain form again like back in the days of Walking on H2O. bummer.

Thanks for the heads up anyway, Matthias! :)

Cosmics - make it a double Liverani appearance (and have Virgil Donaty on stage!)
Galahad
OSI
Animals As Leaders

Rush - for improving ticket sales!:p
A.C.T. - Andromeda - drummer double appearance
Freak Kitchen / Freak Guitar
Ritual
Pallas
Abigail's Ghost
Pure Reason Revolution

Collins Wardingham Project - if possible, would be probably the first band from NZ
Frost*
Overhead
Sleepytime Gorilla Museum
Fromuz
Animations
It Bites
Zero Hour
Faraz Anwar

+1

of course only the ones I did not mention before... ;)

I've never seen half of the names you've said and I've never even heard half of the other half of the bands... I feel like a noob :p
Blind Guardian would be SICK! So would Symphony X!
I saw Bigelf as Dream Theaters support act, I don't know if their too big because of that, but they rocked pretty hard! Would be a great addition to PP!

Also one of my wishes for next year is wristbands! Not just a stupid stamp that's gone by the next day! It shouldn't be too expensive for Rene (I've looked it up ;)) especially when you think about it as free advertising "Hey? What's that wristband you're wearing?", "Ahh you know... The greatest festival like... evahhh", "Oh great! I'll come!" tadaa...
But it would be cool wouldn't it?

Also one of my wishes for next year is wristbands! Not just a stupid stamp that's gone by the next day! It shouldn't be too expensive for Rene (I've looked it up ;)) especially when you think about it as free advertising "Hey? What's that wristband you're wearing?", "Ahh you know... The greatest festival like... evahhh", "Oh great! I'll come!" tadaa...

I totally agree! Especially if you've payed for the whole weekend, and visit every day, a wristband would be a lot better! I had to get 2 new stamps on sunday, because the almost washed/sweated away!

Oh I'd love that! Wrist bands can also be sponsored, so it's a real win-win situation!

Wristbands would be very cool, I agree!
But Blind Guardian are far too big, I'm pretty sure. They play as headliner at such huge Open Air Festivals like Bang Your Head!!!! etc. ya know. I can't stand Hansi's vocals anyway ;) *ducks*

some wild ideas maybe, but it would be great (in my opinion)

friday;

madder mortem
diablo swing orchestra
katatonia

saturday;
xerath
eryn non dae
mencea
sadus
orphaned land
devin townsend

sunday;
indukti
sun caged
frost
nightingale
anacrusis
guilt machine

@ arnold: Guilt machine as a headliner? Ayreon I could understand, since that project has music enough for 2 hours.

And seriously, no madder mortem please. Saw them once live, have nightmares to this day :yuk:

On the topic of wristbands.... Kingchaos is the man :kickass: Wristbands completely rule.

Furthermore, Extol should reunite and play at progpower. Nuff said.

I've never seen half of the names you've said and I've never even heard half of the other half of the bands... I feel like a noob :p

Haha, if you wanna catch up you should tune in to progulus daily, that should fix your noobyness within 2 months. ;-)

www.proulus.com - you must be capable of prog rock as well though