PPUSA XV - The Plague

LunaTEKKE

Madness Reigns
Mar 23, 2006
@$%*!!!!!!

Think I have it. :mad:

Although not sure if it came from the fest or from the coughing kid that was next to me on the 4-hour flight from ATL to PHX.

YEP. Within an hour last night I started sneezing, my throat turned into sandpaper, and my sinuses started aching. Woke up this morning unable to smell anything and am now coughing.

:(

I took so much Airborne, too...

I've been sneezing a bit today, but otherwise I feel fine. I took Airborne starting a month before the fest, and I never missed a day. I think that made a difference this year.

However, my ankle swelling was truly atrocious this year and I should probably go see a doctor about it.

I came in feeling a bit crappy, and left the same way, lol. Pretty sure my car got less comfortable while it sat in the parking lot because my lower back is killing me now, but that's not annual plague related.

Despite a steady airborne regimen I have it the worst I've ever had it this year. Fitting because I probably enjoyed this ProgPower the best of all the ones I've been to.

DAILY ABBATH DOES NOT GET ILL, YONFON. PUNCH THE PLAGUE IN THE WIENER. CAPSLOCK!!!

I'm bummed I missed your Abbath costume, btw.

Well, it only lasted a couple days. Took a lot of airborne and Nyquil. So im alive again!!! Im just glad it didnt happen at the fest like it did a couple years ago.

You did? I could only wear it for a few bands. Couldn't handle the itching and make up seeping into my eyes.

I dodged the plague in Atlanta, and then promptly picked up one in Memphis this weekend at a wedding. *sigh*

I did not get the plague, but I did get a wicked case hay fever a few days after I got back, which was pretty much just as bad.

Yup, I definitely dodged the Plague this year (and I'm so glad calling it "The ProgPower Plague" caught on. Mwahahahaha...)

Next year I'll have to do the same thing I did this year - eat Airborne chewables like candy for a month leading up to the fest (and during!)

all good here but I did take Airborne Vit C blast a week before and am I am still taking it until the bottle runs out :) 2nd year in the clear. There was a time though where I got sick a few years in a row, and a pretty bad sick too. Glad I am doing okay, I feel for anyone that go sick this year though, it definitely sucks.

Bear

Luckily, this year's version wasn't too bad - am feeling almost 100% after a week. Was sick as a dog for about 3 weeks a few years ago. I loaded up on Vitamin C (and got a flu shot) before the fest, but have never tried Airborne. Might have to give that a shot...

Well... I avoided the plague, but I had about 2 weeks of sciatica to deal with. I think I would have rather had the plague. At some point I'll probably have to get my back fixed I guess.