PPVI Sampler Favorites

sh0kr0k

Jul 7, 2002
St. Paul, MN
www.myspace.com
The sampler collection this year is OUTSTANDING! Mega THANKS guys!!

I know a lot of people listen to the sampler after all their cool new CDs, but I love listening to it on the way home from the fest. Yes, all the songs are great and it's great to be exposed to so many new bands, but there are a few that really stood out to me. Disc Two is quite possibly the best disc of any of the samplers yet! Non-stop amazing songs! It was difficult to make a short list of highlights, but here they are:

Disc One:
Track 1 - Outworld "The Never"
Track 6 - Fahrenheit "Evermore"
Track 12 - Rusty Cooley "Under the Influence"

Disc Two:
Track 3 - Persephone's Dream "Nightfall"
Track 4 - Miles Beyond "A Call To Odin"
Track 7 - Aspire "All Ahead"
Track 12 - Dragonland
Track 13 - Torquestra "Tears of the Gods"

Disc Three:
Track 3 - Cellador "No Chances Lost"
Track 4 - Ezra Stone "Road Called Anywhere"
Track 8 - Suspyre "The City Under Sands"

Tammy

Ah thank you for making this thread I was just getting ready to myself! I would love to hear who people liked (I'm sure the bands would as well!). I thought this years set was pretty solid with some great new (and unheard of) bands.

You're welcome Deron & DiabloMozart. It's my tradition to listen to the sampler on the way home. The sampler puts SOMETHING in EVERYONE's hands to take home and listen to if they can't afford to get any other merch. Thanks for all the hard work Deron - by far the best!

no doc...i wans't there (even tho i probably should have been being as i do liver in atlanta)...i had other things i had to do with my time...like band practice and getting devane booked for a show...oh damn..i forgot to add the announcement at u.m.r....ooops...lol...d.m.

Thanks Tammy, for having us on your list. And big thank you to Deron for the track order on the sampler, it was a nice surprise.

We finally had the chance to go to the ProgPower this year. It was a great experience to see new acts and consolidated bands that seldom or never tour in this continent. Plus, there was a great vibe, all around, as if everybody knew each other... I wouldn't mind repeating the experience.

Thanks again, on behalf of the band.

Carlos F. - keyboards
FAHRENHEIT

MetalAges said:
Ah thank you for making this thread I was just getting ready to myself! I would love to hear who people liked (I'm sure the bands would as well!). I thought this years set was pretty solid with some great new (and unheard of) bands.

Yeah I was thinking of starting a thread like this too.

Man I bet I'm the only ICARUS WITCH fanboy around here.

I have the EP and it totally kicks my ass, so when I saw a new track on Disc 3 I rushed to hear it.

What a killer track! Fuck if these guys dont right some cheesy ass lyrics...but my Lord I love the music, and the singers voice! Ripping track IMO.

Also really liked the Theocracy track. Havent listened to all of em yet but will get back to the thread when I do.

No, I liked the Icarus Witch & Theocracy tracks too! A LOT actually. I liked nearly every single track on the sampler, but my list is just some highlights from bands I didn't know previously.

Even through the 20 hour drive, we didn't get a chance to listen to it all. We spent a lot of time going through and listening to our new purchases... but of those I have listed to:

Persephone's Dream "Nightfall"--- LOVED LOVED LOVED it.

Zero Hour- Just the first riff hurt my ears. I tried to listen to it, but couldn't make it past the first verse. Totally not my cup of tea.

We had it on as background music for a while, but didn't really pay attention to the songs, unless we heard one we liked. But couldn't tell you who it was since the CD case was in the back of the truck.

-Metal

That's Coleen on vocals for the Persephone's Dream track (I think her nick is 13shadesofgrey, something like that?). It also features DC Cooper on backing vocals if you listen closely ;-) AWESOME track indeed.

Standout tracks:

Pyramaze - Souls In Pain
Shadow Gallery - The Andromeda Strain
Redemption - Release
Miles Beyond - A Call To Odin
Antithesis - Dreaming Reality
Indukti - Uluru
Hibria - Living Under Ice
Warmachine - Empty

DrumRman said:
Man I bet I'm the only ICARUS WITCH fanboy around here.

I have the EP and it totally kicks my ass, so when I saw a new track on Disc 3 I rushed to hear it.

Great band! I have the promo here I have to check out and see how it holds up to the EP...I have high hopes! :headbang:

sh0kr0k said:
You're welcome Deron & DiabloMozart. It's my tradition to listen to the sampler on the way home. The sampler puts SOMETHING in EVERYONE's hands to take home and listen to if they can't afford to get any other merch. Thanks for all the hard work Deron - by far the best!

I totally agree! Thanks for all the hard work and thought that goes into the sampler!

My main picks was Theocracy (you knew that I'd say that), Redemption, Azrael Bane, Avian....there's alot more, but I can't think of them right off hand, because I don't have it with me.

The bottom line is, that it's packed with great stuff! :worship: