PPVII: anti-horror stories to live with, or something.

enki3600

MetalHead & Engineer
Sep 20, 2004
So, in the nature of everyone else's rants of praise, disappointment, debauchery and wallet-disgorging, I shall continue--

I had low expectations for this weekend. Not because of anything like the bands, the venue, etc... but because I tend to always over-plan things, and in the end it works out nothing like it, so I feel disastrous. To unbore everyone, suffice it to say that the week prior to PP I spent trying to fix about a 2300$ f*ck-up with new hardware, and consoling my roommate over a friend's death, such that I nearly missed the outbound plane.

I thought I'd just ride out the weekend as general observer; try to minimize my "losses" by interacting as little as possible.

Well, just when I thought things couldn't get worse, we get to the hotel and they say "we're sorry, we overbooked the hotel, we gave your room to <some european conference>". At which point I was so unbelievably pissed I couldn't even think of how I wanted to kill them. As it turned out, they put us up in a different hotel, about 6 blocks away, which was obviously more expensive... but they paid for the first night 100%, and the second night was reduced to the price of the original hotel's. Nice :headbang:

Over the course of the weekend I got to meet and mingle with all kinds of cool people that I never expected (as always). That always puts someone in a good mood, to discuss REAL metal with REAL people!

And, after alllllll my years of concert-going, I have never EVER been able to catch any memorabelia the bands throw out after the show. This weekend I caught something from Mercenary AND Epica!! The two main bands I came to see! (In all fairness, I came to see EverGrey too, but was so exhausted by the time they got on that I had to go sit in the stands after the 3rd song).

Then, on the way home, we find out that our flight has been cancelled... This is not the news I need to hear (especially when I had it planned out such that I'll get home only 6 hours before I fly out for work on Monday). So, much to my surprise, they throw us on a different airline. "this will be a nonstop flight landing 2 hours earlier than your scheduled flight, is this ok?" WTF do you have to be smoking to think that that's NOT ok?!? HELL YEAH!

So in the end, I have to say that it was an unbelievable weekend due to things NOT working out as planned. Try as I might, I simply cannot make a complaint about how things went; this is exactly what I needed to get a break from it all!

Thanks again PP'ers!