Pre-ordered your Vanden Plas "Christ0" yet ?

Bryant

Mr. Sleepy
Apr 14, 2002
Sweet home Alabama
Visit site
Hey, if you don't like this one.... JW will send you $1000 right JW ?

Of course I am joking, but I think I have seen Mr. KennyR floating around here in this forum and pretty much had his mouth hung open while helping me around UM spewing the greatness of this release. This thing is epic.

Bryant

Alexander*_Reborn said:
I've seen a dozen reviews and their all going ape-shit over it, I haven't got a clue when it's actually out, mines been pre-ordered on amazon since January and I've been sat here like a damn pilchard waiting for it.

Oh yeah... this thing is at the Mindcrime (One of course) Images and Words level. Absolutely stunning if you can handle the real melodic approach. Anyway, the official American release date is April 25th. It's already out in Europe (3/31 in germany 4/4 in England) if you want to pay the extra money for the import.

P.S. being in the UK, you should be able to get it already. I don't know what the holdup is for you.

Bryant

Bryant said:

Of course I am joking, but I think I have seen Mr. KennyR floating around here in this forum and pretty much had his mouth hung open while helping me around UM spewing the greatness of this release. This thing is epic.

Bryant
like this :OMG::worship: :loco: :kickass: :OMG:

Kenneth R. said:
like this :OMG::worship: :loco: :kickass: :OMG:

Ha ha ha those are small pictures of me listening to this thing, though I prefer my beer in a pils glass as opposed to a mug and I have a little more hair too. I have had this thing a month and it is still kicking my ass. I try to play other stuff to keep from burning it out, but it makes almost everything else sound like shit. Even the bonus track slays. I'm not even Christian but Andy puts so much passion in that JC Superstar song, it makes me want to go read the bible or something. I think they have just released the most "perfect" melodic prog album.

Bryant

I totally agree with you Bryant. Go and check my review on www.progarchives.com. It's the five star one. and you rate it fivestars as well. That community is pretty big. some idiot gave it 3 stars :OMG:
we need to get this being really highly rated and recommended.

Its a play on the title of the book that it deals with the concept of, namely "The Count of Monte Cristo" by Alexandre Dumas. you might have heard of the guy, he also wrote "The Three Musketeers" etc. great book, great album.

Kilroy Murdoch said:
I totally agree with you Bryant. Go and check my review on www.progarchives.com. It's the five star one. and you rate it fivestars as well. That community is pretty big. some idiot gave it 3 stars :OMG:
we need to get this being really highly rated and recommended.

Hey I know you. :kickass: Anyyway, I am not familiar with that forum. I'll sign up and post a review though.

Bryant

\m/ I think more people need to hear Vanden Plas. Because They're one of the bands out there, that i know a lot of people would like if they heard them...

That's it. Keeping various forums alive Bryant. I ought to post more. try and encourage traffic and all that...

Bryant said:

Bryant

I still don't see what all the fuss is....it's good, but it really drags at the end, and, IMO, is not very memorable.....

J-Dubya - That $1000's gonna come out of your @SS boooooooyeeeeeeeeee!:lol:

J-Dubya 777 said:
I still don't see what all the fuss is....it's good, but it really drags at the end, and, IMO, is not very memorable.....

J-Dubya - That $1000's gonna come out of your @SS boooooooyeeeeeeeeee!:lol:

Well JW, you are the type that has to have two beers at one time to keep your knuckles from dragging when you walk. :lol: Ha ha ha. In all seriousness, I can understand why VP leaves some listeners. They are subtle and melodic in many places, especially toward the end of the disc. That in itself is difficult for some listeners. I personally think it is a musical masterpiece. However, that's why they make Fords, Chevys and the mighty Chrysler Town and Country. :p

Bryant