PRE-PARTY Line-up

Andy Laudano said:
Some of your pre-party "suggestions" are WAY out there! I realize Shane had a stellar lineup last year, but think about it for a minute. <SNIP good argument>.

Taking into account ticket prices and how many people can fit upstairs for the pre-party, there's no way Shane can afford to bring in a bunch of European bands, especially if they're not that well known.

Here are a few more realistic ideas. This is not a proposed lineup, just some random ideas.<SNIP logical, well thought out, list of possible bands>

Andy, that's enough! Logic . . . on a message board??? Where the hell do you think you are, real life or something!?!?!?

Now, be quiet while I make up MY list for the preparty.

Let's see . . . Iron Maiden. They'll have a new CD out by then. Fates Warning . . . Ray was here once as a special guest. Maybe Dream Theater and Savatage too . . . . It could happen!

Steve in Philly

longshot9 said:
Just a question for ya Empress... are you in the Rhapsody DVD that came with the new Live IN Canada CD Lim. Ed.? There's a short clip in the "preview" of the DVD that's coming out from their show in Canada and they show a girl that looks to be in the balcony banging her head and stuff and it totally looks like you (at least from what I can see in your pictures, haven't met you).

Oh my god... Are you serious!?!!!??!!!!!!! Well, I was not from Canada.. but I was on the balcony from Florida, banging my head and going super crazy!! I was wearing a maroon corset.. the camera guy below me was on me for such a long time, plus I got to know him and he is the one who came to me and told me the band wanted to meet me, and I was told by a member that he wanted to make sure I came out on the DVD.. so maybe it's just for a preview purpose.. but if they come out with a whole DVD other than this one, I know I may come out for sure.. where did you see this preview? Man, I will laugh so much if this is me.. I hope so!! Because they're my favorite band, it's an honor to be apart of that. :D

SHANE!! What is the freaking hold up? Announce it already -GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :loco:

Dat ain't mah baby! Dat baby UGly!!

Empress said:
Oh my god... Are you serious!?!!!??!!!!!!! Well, I was not from Canada.. but I was on the balcony from Florida, banging my head and going super crazy!! I was wearing a maroon corset.. the camera guy below me was on me for such a long time, plus I got to know him and he is the one who came to me and told me the band wanted to meet me, and I was told by a member that he wanted to make sure I came out on the DVD.. so maybe it's just for a preview purpose.. but if they come out with a whole DVD other than this one, I know I may come out for sure.. where did you see this preview? Man, I will laugh so much if this is me.. I hope so!! Because they're my favorite band, it's an honor to be apart of that. :D

I'm pretty sure it's you then. I just watched it and apparently, it's you. :)

Empress said:

Yet another celebrity amongst us...

:worship:

Greykiller said:
Operotika would be very cool!

I have been waiting to hear Dead Soul Tribe live for like, forever--or are they too big for the Pre-Party?

Another band that ripped it up when they played at the pre-party was Prototype--would love to see them again.

How about Suncaged????

Suncaged broke up like years ago when they were scheduled to play the PP, I think for 4 or 5 if I'm not mistaken.

I vote for MAGNITUDE 9 also. Anyone know what the deal is with Glenn's aversion for this band... I think they are fantastic and deserve a spot at PP, if not the pre-party....

steelreign said:
I vote for MAGNITUDE 9 also. Anyone know what the deal is with Glenn's aversion for this band... I think they are fantastic and deserve a spot at PP, if not the pre-party....

It's simple. A few years back they were invited to do the festival, but Corey Brown (vocalist) decided not to do it because it was his son's first year of school (or first birthday?) and he didn't want to miss antyhing in that period.

I'm not sure how much of this is truth, but apparently it is. If not, can someone please correct me?

I think Magnitude 9 has a big chance of playing ProgPower XV. By my calculations, his kid will be in college by then. :tickled:

REALLY!! With work, I forgot that the DVD was on sale this time.. hehe.. I ordered it right now!! I can't wait to see!! WOW !!!!!!!!!!!

YOU MADE MY DAY !!!!!!!! AHH! I CAN'T WAIT TILL THE END SHIPS IT SUPER FAST HERE!!

I'm in the RHAPSODY DVD!! hehe.. I knew I would be, but now that I am.. is like.. a DREAM ! I will relive the moment wowwwww.. !!!!

:headbang: :headbang:

Man, I was going super crazy in that concert.. especially Unholy Warcry.. I'm going to make an unholy cry if I don't get that DVD fast!

Hey shane, get RHAPSODY !! hehe.. (yeah right :oops: )

AngraRULES said:
It's simple. A few years back they were invited to do the festival, but Corey Brown (vocalist) decided not to do it because it was his son's first year of school (or first birthday?) and he didn't want to miss antyhing in that period.

I'm not sure how much of this is truth, but apparently it is. If not, can someone please correct me?

I think Magnitude 9 has a big chance of playing ProgPower XV. By my calculations, his kid will be in college by then. :tickled:

Hey all,

I need to clear this up. AngraRULES is right about the Magnitude 9 issue, all except for one important part: it was NOT vocalist Corey Brown that decided not to play the show, but rather guitarist Rob Johnson. I don't mean to be so defensive about the topic, but I have known and worked with Corey Brown for many years now and the guy is like a brother to me. I felt the need to elaborate on this.

Corey (along with myself) were very excited to play the show and were extremely let down when Rob explained to us his situation. Corey had just played ProgPower 4 with Redemption and had a blast. Although everyone in the band eventually understood Rob's reasons (we all have kids) it really boiled down to very poor timing, feet dragging, and wasting Glenn's time after giving a confirmation that we would play.

Corey had offered for Section 16 as a fill in band, but to be very honest Section 16 doesn't have anywhere near the pull that Mag 9 does (Section who?). Glenn was very polite towards Corey and myself.

I would venture to say that Glenn has more of a "beef" with Rob vs Mag 9, but I do not want to speak for or put words in Glenn's mouth. If I were Glenn, I would have been pissed as well.

That is my take on what happened. This is not a secret nor it is "airing dirty laundry." Everyone in Mag 9 knows where each other stand on the topic. This was a major sore spot that lasted a while.

Last year was my first ProgPower. I had a blast. It hit me hard last year to realize what an amazing experience Mag 9 had missed out on.

I will be returning to ProgPower this year!
See you all there!

Ian Ringler
Bass
Magnitude 9
Section 16

Thanks for clearing that out, Ian! Somehow I thought it was Corey who had that issue, but I apologize for being wrong.

Looking forward to seeing you at ProgPower this year and hopefully we will be able to catch Magnitude 9 there someday. The last release Decoding the Soul was great and it'd be a blast to see you guys live!

AngraRULES said:

Ian...does this mean Magnitude 9 can join Suncaged and come back from the dead?

Enchant? Well, I will be the second most suprised mofo if they DO play, because as of yesterday I was told they were not...by someone who would know.

Andy Laudano said:
Enchant - a killer pre-party gig could make a great stepping stone to the main stage.

Russell Allen - he did a one off acoustic show in support of his solo CD at BW&BK. Imagine how well that would go over here in front of HIS crowd!
Enchant and Russell Allen (acoustic) would be GREAT, if they could! I know that Glenn said that EG wouldn't be able to play an acoustic set at the Pre-Party becuase they will have to rehearse with the orchestra. But I would LOVE it if they could!