Predictions/Wishes for PPUSA XXI?

Fixxer315

May 4, 2012
Although we're still a month away from this year's PPUSA, Glenn & Co. are working very hard to secure the lineup for next year. Thus, what would you like or expect to see at next year's PPUSA? Here are some bands I'd like to see:

Sabaton: OK, they're headlining Center Stage in October and it's sold out. Thus, they certainly don't need it to promote themselves. However, I can see them doing a special set., perhaps fan's choice setlist or a specific album in its entirety.

Powerwolf: I really got into them big this year, and I'd love to see them live. From what I hear, Glenn's been trying to get them for years, and it would be great if he could make it happen.

Neal Morse: I just got Jesus Christ Exorcist and it's a great album. It would be great to see him do some of this material live.

Mystery: Another very interesting prog outfit that could use more exposure in the US.

Accept: I saw Dirkschneider a few years ago, but haven't seen Accept. I'd love to see the current lineup, giving me a chance to hear Teutonic Terror live.

• Always hoping for my recent metal favorites Night Demon to finally get the nod. i know they are from USA and tour here a lot, but their live show is amazing, they would slay the PPUSA stage. Hoping they are on the short list for the inevitable cancellation.
  • Within Temptation, but I know it's not going to happen.
  • Riverside or Anathema are always welcome in my book.
  • Darkwater's latest album is awesome, but don't know if they tour or even play live.
  • Night Flight Orchestra would be interesting.
  • Astral Doors was attempted years back, but the "door" may be closed to them for good now...
  • H.E.A.T for the melodic rock crowd.
  • Arch/Matheos ?

Reactions: SilentDrapeRunners
Although we're still a month away from this year's PPUSA, Glenn & Co. are working very hard to secure the lineup for next year. Thus, what would you like or expect to see at next year's PPUSA? Here are some bands I'd like to see:

Sabaton: OK, they're headlining Center Stage in October and it's sold out. Thus, they certainly don't need it to promote themselves. However, I can see them doing a special set., perhaps fan's choice setlist or a specific album in its entirety.

Powerwolf: I really got into them big this year, and I'd love to see them live. From what I hear, Glenn's been trying to get them for years, and it would be great if he could make it happen.

Neal Morse: I just got Jesus Christ Exorcist and it's a great album. It would be great to see him do some of this material live.

Mystery: Another very interesting prog outfit that could use more exposure in the US.

Accept: I saw Dirkschneider a few years ago, but haven't seen Accept. I'd love to see the current lineup, giving me a chance to hear Teutonic Terror live.
Powerwolf won't return communications to Glenn, so they aren't going to happen,
Accept headlined a Thursday night show @5 years back. GREAT Show, I wouldn't mind seeing them again.

My wishlist

Terramaze
Beast in Black
Night Flight Orchestra
Twelve foot Ninja
Twilight Force
Sonata Arctica (doing a classic album)
Archspire
Psychotic Waltz
Queensryche (doing The Warning)

Pagan's Mind
Ostura….wouldn't be surprised if Glenn has already booked them for next year
Lord of the Lost...see above comment
Queensryche (The Warning)...have to agree with Oblivion Ocean here
Mustasch!!!!!

Just as example FYIs. No way in hell I could get either Ostura or Brothers of Metal a visa. They don't meet the "international recognition standards" by the USCIS.

Just as example FYIs. No way in hell I could get either Ostura or Brothers of Metal a visa. They don't meet the "international recognition standards" by the USCIS.

I had to go look that up...

At least 75 percent of the members of your group must have had a substantial and sustained relationship with the group for at least one year.

Your entertainment group must be internationally recognized, having a high level of achievement in a field evidenced by a degree of skill and recognition substantially above that ordinarily encountered. The reputation of the group, not the individual achievements of its members or the acclaim of a particular production, is essential.

Have they LISTENED to Ostura??? I would say they have a high level of skill

I had to go look that up...

At least 75 percent of the members of your group must have had a substantial and sustained relationship with the group for at least one year.

Your entertainment group must be internationally recognized, having a high level of achievement in a field evidenced by a degree of skill and recognition substantially above that ordinarily encountered. The reputation of the group, not the individual achievements of its members or the acclaim of a particular production, is essential.

Have they LISTENED to Ostura??? I would say they have a high level of skill

Not sure how long they're going to keep doing this, but the Helloween "Pumpkins United" tour would be a good headliner....

Last I saw they were going into the studio to do a full "Pumpkins United" album with both Hansen and Kiske. The Hellish Rock tour they did with Gamma Ray at ProgPower several years ago will still go down as one of my favorite events ever. They killed it that night. I'd take Helloween or Gamma Ray any day.