Speculation for 2018 PPUSA lineup?

Persefone seems to be a really good guess here. Glenn is obviously a huge fan based on what I've read in past posts, and he did try to get them here for PP 16.

Reactions: Felixrox
Another band that I'd love to see would be Eden's Curse, but I don't know if there has been any resolution regarding the rights to the name of the band, as there are two bands touring under that name. Still, either version would be pretty cool to see live.

Having read all of these responses, I'd like to continue seeing some bands that have yet to be seen at PPUSA, like Caligula's Horse, Sunburst, Anubis Gate and any others who had visa problems that we anticipated seeing but did not.
I'm not particularly interested in too many more "playing the whole album" sets from bands, particularly if I don't have much interest in said band....it's nice to do once in awhile, just not all the time and that also goes double for all these "anniversary shows". Lotsa bands out there we could still see and I have faith in our promoters here at PPUSA that they will continue to dig up those bands.

I definitely am not a fan of returning bands. People that haven't been to specific PP events may have missed some of the bands that they wanted to see... I get that; however, as a person who has been to every PP event except the first, I have no desire to see returning bands although I know that it is probably virtually impossible to not have them. If I had a choice of returning bands it would be a small list: Mustasch, Amorphis (crushed it), Communic (no new material though).

New blood for me would be the bands below. I think I mixed up the genres well, and included 9 bands from the USA to reduce cost/expenses and visa issues.

Wednesday
5:00PM-6:00PM - SkyHarbor (Indiana, USA with some members from other countries) - Progressive Metal
6:30PM-7:45PM - Sunburst (Greece) since we didn't get to see them - Power Metal
8:15PM-9:45PM - Psychotic Waltz (California, USA) only doing the Bleeding album in it's entirety - Progressive Metal
10:30PM-CLOSE - Y&T (California, USA) - Hard Rock/Heavy Metal

Thursday
4:00PM-4:30PM - Icarus Witch (Pennsylvania, USA) - Power Metal
5:00PM-6:00PM - Act Of Defiance (California, USA) - Thrash
6:30PM-7:45PM - Monuments (UK) - Progressive Metal
8:15PM-9:45PM - Lacrimas Profundere (Germany) - Melodic Doom/Gothic Rock
10:30PM-CLOSE - TesseracT (UK) - Progressive Metal

Friday
2:00PM-3:00PM - Night Demon (California, USA) - Heavy Metal
3:30PM-4:30PM - Suicidal Angels (Greece) Extreme Thrash, but not out of the realm of possibilities as we have had Forbidden and Overkill perform before.
5:00PM-6:00PM - The Contortionist (Indiana, USA) - Progressive Metal
6:30PM-7:45PM - Helstar (Texas, USA) - Power Metal
8:15PM-9:45PM - Caligula's Horse (Austrailia) - Progressive Metal
10:30PM-CLOSE - Tristania (Norway) - Symphonic/Gothic Metal

Saturday
2:00PM-3:00PM - Lilitu (Atlanta, GA) - Melodic Death/Black/Gothic Metal, highly unlikely since they have been broken up, but the lead vocalist is in Act Of Defiance). Another option is: Haji's Kitchen (Texas, USA) - Progressive Metal, Daniel Tompkins of TesseracT is a session vocalist for the band
3:30PM-4:30PM - Eclipse (Sweden) - Hard Rock/Metal
5:00PM-6:00PM - Morgana Lefay (Sweden) - Power/Thrash Metal, since we didn't get to see them
6:30PM-7:45PM - Spiritual Beggars (Sweden) - Stoner Metal
8:15PM-9:45PM - Grand Magus (Sweden) - Heavy/Doom Metal
10:30PM-CLOSE - Star One (Everywhere) - Progressive Metal, this would never happen because cost alone would probably be astronomical, so I would add: James LaBrie (Canada) - Progressive Metal

Last edited:
Reactions: Mardoch
I definitely am not a fan of returning bands. People that haven't been to specific PP events may have missed some of the bands that they wanted to see... I get that; however, as a person who has been to every PP event except the first, I have no desire to see returning bands although I know that it is probably virtually impossible to not have them. If I had a choice of returning bands it would be a small list: Mustasch, Amorphis (crushed it), Communic (no new material though).

New blood for me would be the bands below. I think I mixed up the genres well, and included 9 bands from the USA to reduce cost/expenses and visa issues.

Wednesday
5:00PM-6:00PM - SkyHarbor (Indiana, USA with some members from other countries) - Progressive Metal
8:15PM-9:45PM - Psychotic Waltz (California, USA) only doing the Bleeding album in it's entirety - Progressive Metal

Thursday

Friday
3:30PM-4:30PM - Suicidal Angels (Greece) Extreme Thrash, but not out of the realm of possibilities as we have had Forbidden and Overkill perform before.

Saturday
2:00PM-3:00PM - Lilitu (Atlanta, GA) - Melodic Death/Black/Gothic Metal, highly unlikely since they have been broken up, but the lead vocalist is in Act Of Defiance). Another option is: Haji's Kitchen (Texas, USA) - Progressive Metal, Daniel Tompkins of TesseracT is a session vocalist for the band
5:00PM-6:00PM - Morgana Lefay (Sweden) - Power/Thrash Metal, since we didn't get to see them
10:30PM-CLOSE - Star One (Everywhere) - Progressive Metal, this would never happen because cost alone would probably be astronomical, so I would add: James LaBrie (Canada) - Progressive Metal
holy shit what a lineup!!!

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

Saturday
Hooo boy do I like how you think. But uh...that's not gonna happen. Still, it's good to dream, ain't it?

well, it seems my #1 wish item is semi-confirmed, so let's go with others:

- Petrucci solo album performance? I mean, if we can get James ...
- Shattered Skies - they have new music, a new singer, and Glenn did rate their album #1 in 2015
- I am not sure how you do it, but it would be nice to see a tribute to Magellan / Explorer's Club at PPUSA with both Wayne and Trent passing. Explorer's Club is one of the pinnacles of prog history IMO and someone should honor it. PPUSA seems to be the only place to do that.
- I'd love to see one of Glenn's outliers be KillSwitch - they are amazing live and I think the power folks would love them
- I will never be surprised with Voyager or Leprous on stage at PPUSA, given Glenn's and the crowds reactions last time. Both have new albums ...
- I hope we get some more of the extreme prog at some point, yes even the djent side. Periphery or AaL or even After the Burial would be an amazing band to put after something more low key prog. Glenn goes for the overall arc as much as great bands.
- last maybe we should look at what bands Matt Guillory, Marco Sfogli, Peter Wildoer, and Ray Riendeau are playing in these days? :)

Reactions: Mardoch
A hypothetical Fri/Sat lineup based on a mixture of wants and expected picks:

InnerWish
Tetrafusion
Persefone
Cellador
Threshold (my number one wish, not even close)
Nocturnal Rites

Disperse
Signum Regis
Iris Divine
Europe
Eluveitie
James LaBrie

Sure I'll play.

Wednesday: Earthside
Leprous
Secret Sphere
Headliner: Rhapsody (final live performance)

Thursday: Hibria
Dark Moor
Battle Beast
Headliner: Helloween (Pumpkins United featuring Michael Kiske, Kai Hansen and Andi Deris on lead vocals)

Friday: Noveria
Dreamwalkers Inc
Anubis Gate
Bloodbound
Nocturnal Rites
Headliner: James Labrie

Saturday: Bare Infinity
Klone
Almanac
Innerwish
Threshold
Headliner: Edguy (Theater of Salvation in its entirety)

Last edited:
Bands that would definitely get me back to ATL (and also get my wife interested in attending the first time)...
Pretty Maids
Night Flight Orchestra
Pumpkins United
Eclipse
Annihilator
Wrathchild America
Nocturnal Rites

Really looking forward to seeing the announcement Saturday morning!

Bands that would definitely get me back to ATL (and also get my wife interested in attending the first time)...
Pretty Maids
Night Flight Orchestra
Pumpkins United
Eclipse
Annihilator
Wrathchild America
Nocturnal Rites

Really looking forward to seeing the announcement Saturday morning!
Wrathchild America would absolutely fucking rip! Especially if they would perform Climbin' the Walls in it's entirety! Rock Candy Records has released the remastered version very recently.

I'd love to see W.E.T. get in the lineup, even if it's Wed. or Thurs. JSS is a great frontman. I really enjoyed his performance 2 years ago.

There are a ton of aussie bands i wanna see now. Caligula's Horse, Hemina and Karnivool topping the list. I can't think of any new power metal bands I wanna see.