Idle Speculation

Solitude Aeturnus would guarantee my ticket sale alone. Plus there aren't all the worries associated with overseas bands since they're basically neighbors to Georgia.

Really? I don't think The Answer or Airbourne would do well at this fest. I like them but I don't think it's something that could crossover into this fest. Just my two cents. What's wrong about Dream Evil?
For me? Nothing. Love Dream Evil Got all their CDs. Problem is Glenn has gone on record that he does not like them.

Their are also enough people on this board who do like The Answer, Airbourne, or both. Remember, they would be an "oddball", a band that does not necessarily fit in.

This is weird to me, and the reason I don't care for next year's announcement at the fest this year. I'm getting hyped for this year, I so don't care about next year yet, and really, don't want to think about next year's PPUSA until the afterglow of this one wears off. It's been really hard for me to stay enthused about the lineup over the course of a year, especially since there have been so many changes. I guess the changes have always occurred, but when the announcement was in Feb we didn't know as much about them.

So it seems weird to me that people are getting excited about the possibilities for next year BEFORE this year's fest has taken place.

I know I'm in the minority, but just felt like voicing my opinion.

This is weird to me, and the reason I don't care for next year's announcement at the fest this year. I'm getting hyped for this year, I so don't care about next year yet, and really, don't want to think about next year's PPUSA until the afterglow of this one wears off. It's been really hard for me to stay enthused about the lineup over the course of a year, especially since there have been so many changes. I guess the changes have always occurred, but when the announcement was in Feb we didn't know as much about them.

So it seems weird to me that people are getting excited about the possibilities for next year BEFORE this year's fest has taken place.

I totally understand your point. However, there are those who don't think this lineup is the strongest ever, so even though they're coming this year, they're already looking forward to next year's lineup.

Also, there are those (me included) that are not coming this year for one reason or another. I can't get excited about a lineup I unfortunately am not going to see live, therefore, I get excited because I know I'll be back next year and I want the bands to be good.

I don't think it's weird at all, considering that Glenn has been talking about next year's lineup already. Naturally that's going to lead to speculation.

For me? Nothing. Love Dream Evil Got all their CDs. Problem is Glenn has gone on record that he does not like them.

Their are also enough people on this board who do like The Answer, Airbourne, or both. Remember, they would be an "oddball", a band that does not necessarily fit in.

Gotcha. Didn't know if it was that or if it was due to past negotiations that didn't go well. I think I've heard the same in terms of Grave Digger.

True, they are the oddball but usually the oddball has some underlying thing in common with the fest as a whole. Neither of these bands do, and in Airbourne's case their sales figures per album would probably be more than the headliners. I just think with these two the fest would be opening itself up way too much to the mainstream. Just my two cents.

I totally understand your point. However, there are those who don't think this lineup is the strongest ever, so even though they're coming this year, they're already looking forward to next year's lineup.

Also, there are those (me included) that are not coming this year for one reason or another. I can't get excited about a lineup I unfortunately am not going to see live, therefore, I get excited because I know I'll be back next year and I want the bands to be good.

That makes sense. Didn't think of that.

Dude I would go absolutely apeshit for that - bigtime. :D

Sadly, they broke up last I heard :mad:

Check out Subsignal. They are the continuation of part of the band (it's good stuff).

Would Enchant count as a repeat because they put on a pretty good show and I seem to remember Ted lobbying for an invitation to return?

Check out Subsignal. They are the continuation of part of the band (it's good stuff).

Would Enchant count as a repeat because they put on a pretty good show and I seem to remember Ted lobbying for an invitation to return?

Holy shit I had no clue about that band - THANKS bigtime for the heads-up!

Gonna check them out

Yeah .. that Subignal disc is quite good.

I don't think it's been mentioned yet, but Devon Graves has a new band called The Shadow Theory that is getting close to wrapping up the recording of their first album.

Johanne James (Threshold) is the drummer for the new band, and Kristoffer Gildenlow is on bass. In interviews Devon has compared the band as follows ... King Diamond meets Bad Brains with Buddy Lackey on vox. It sounds like it could be interesting.

From an interview I read this band plans to play their new music along with Psychotic Waltz and Deadsoul Tribe tunes when they do live gigs. It might be the closest anyone gets to hearing those PW and DST tunes in the live setting .. since both bands seem to be pretty much defunct.

Needless to say I would be interested in seeing it live. It might create a decent buzz if they in fact were going to do PW and DST stuff.

Britt

Oh, we just have nothing better to do. But I get your point. I kind of liked having the bands announced later, though I certainly see the advantages for Glenn with the earlier annoucement.

I'd be hip for Saxon, Morgana Lefay, Mob Rules, and Solitude Aeturnus. Would really like to see Cloudscape, but I heard they were one of those bands that's hard to get to come overseas. Guess they have like real jobs, real families, real lives or something. ;)

I'd also like to see Last Tribe. Are they still together?

Yeah .. that Subignal disc is quite good.

I don't think it's been mentioned yet, but Devon Graves has a new band called The Shadow Theory that is getting close to wrapping up the recording of their first album.

Johanne James (Threshold) is the drummer for the new band, and Kristoffer Gildenlow is on bass. In interviews Devon has compared the band as follows ... King Diamond meets Bad Brains with Buddy Lackey on vox. It sounds like it could be interesting.

From an interview I read this band plans to play their new music along with Psychotic Waltz and Deadsoul Tribe tunes when they do live gigs. It might be the closest anyone gets to hearing those PW and DST tunes in the live setting .. since both bands seem to be pretty much defunct.

Needless to say I would be interested in seeing it live. It might create a decent buzz if they in fact were going to do PW and DST stuff.

Britt

Is this the final nail in the coffin for DST? Lame. Oh well at least the new stuff should be interesting as well. I've always had a soft spot for Gildenlow on bass ever since the bass on Entropia.