What's your take on the next Maryland Deathfest?

Palabra de Dios

Heavy Metal Weatherman
Mar 22, 2005
St. Joseph, MO
MDFIXweb.jpg

I'm planning on going. There are quite a few bands I'm excited to see.

Some great doom and sludge on this list. Cathedral, BuzzOv*en, Orange Goblin, and Hooden Menace are all fucking solid.

Really strong headliners: Coroner, Voivod, Neurosis--all legendary bands...should be great fun.

And of course some great death metal (quite a few to name).

For the hardcore/crust fans, there are some effing tight bands too. The guys on the forum have gotten me into the band Tragedy quite a bit.

Any of you guys planning on going or really wish you COULD go?

To me that line up is absolutely massive. Voivod, Coroner, Destroyer 666, Catherdral, and Orange Goblin are all bands I really, really like.
Would absolutely love to go. Is it financially realistic? Probably not with PP as good as it is this year. Can really only swing one of them.

However, if my boys in Marduk can swing me a guest pass I might show up in Baltimore after all.... :devil:

Thrash: Coroner, Voivod, EXHORDER, Nuclear Assault, Destroyer 666, Nocturnal, Witchaven, Aura Noir

Black Metal: Marduk, Impaled Nazarene, Nightbringer, Inquisition

Death Metal: Hail of Bullets, EXHUMED, Repugnant, Funebrarum, Dead Congregation, Wormed, Miasmal, Avulsed, Death Breath

Also: COC playing old school material. Fucking cool.

Yeah, it's a monster lineup.

Thrash: Coroner, Voivod, EXHORDER, Nuclear Assault, Destroyer 666, Nocturnal, Witchaven, Aura Noir

Black Metal: Marduk, Impaled Nazarene, Nightbringer, Inquisition

Death Metal: Hail of Bullets, EXHUMED, Repugnant, Funebrarum, Dead Congregation, Wormed, Miasmal, Avulsed, Death Breath

Also: COC playing old school material. Fucking cool.

Yeah, it's a monster lineup.

I would want to see the headliners, Exhorder and COC and thats it. There is way too many shitty bands that I would have to deal with.

You might not want to see COC if you're expecting them to play the Southern-fried Black Sabbath worship they're sort of 'famous' for. Since they've reunited without Pepper Keenan (for now) they're only playing their earlier stuff, primarily from the Animosity and Technocracy albums...more or less crossover thrash. But if you're into that, then all systems go. I can only hope they get something together with Pepper too, as I'd love to hear some Blind,Deliverance, and Wiseblood material live too!!!

The bands I'm really excited about:
Neurosis
Coronoer
Voivod
Nuclear Assault
Cathedreal
Impaled Nazarene
Exhorder
Tragedy
Hail of Bullets
Death Breath
Buzzoven
Avulsed
Cretin
Flesh Parade
Machetzao
Wormed

Bands I'm looking forward to seeing:
Dead Congregation
Regurgitate
Inquisition
Hooded Menace
Last Days of Humanity
Malignant Tumour

The lineup for this festival gets bigger and better every year! This will be the first year I attend, already booked my hotel. Driving from Albany, ny!!!

I will be attending my first Maryland Deathfest next year. Coroner is my favorite band of all time. I never thought they would reform.

I also look forward to seeing Nuclear Assault, Voivod, and Exhorder.

I am not a Neurosis fan, but I have been told that their live show is something special.

Otherwise, I will be hanging out with friends. Coroner's appearance looks like it will get quite a few of my favorite metal brethren out to Maryland in 2011. It could end up to be almost as socially fun as PPUSA.

I would go for Cathedral and DOOM alone.
DOOM are the best crust of all time, and yes, I DO mean they are better than DISCHARGE, so suck it!!!!!!!!

Then you have VoiVod, Nuc Assault, and Animosity era-COC???

Yep, this is good stuff.

Doom are without a doubt a quality band. Probably overall better than Discharge, yes, but that's only because they had some...questionable...material. Both great bands.

Last year's lineup was better from a 'star-power' perspective. Autopsy, Entombed, Obituary, Repulsion, Eyehategod, Pestilence, Asphyx, etc. I think this year's lineup is more a collection of the current cream of the crop alongside some lesser known, but still big bands. Coroner is going to be amazing. Dead Congregation's 'Graves of the Arcangels' is the best death metal record of the past 5 years. Inquisition is probably my favorite current black metal band. Citizens' Arrest is going to be GREAT!!!!

Overall, a very, very good lineup. The best in the nation.

It's already been 13 posts and not a single mention of the illegibility of some of the band logos! A new record.

If this was in Chicago or Milwaukee, I would be all over this just for Neurosis, Cathedral and Voivod alone. Not worth the trip -- even if I did have the money to travel out there.

If this was in Chicago or Milwaukee, I would be all over this just for Neurosis, Cathedral and Voivod alone. Not worth the trip -- even if I did have the money to travel out there.

Out of curiosity, why wouldn't it be worth the trip (assuming you could financially do it)? Quality of bands? Or your familiarity with the lineup?

I just honestly can't think of any reason extreme metal fans wouldn't be pleased with this. Inquisition. Lock Up. Exhumed. Tragedy. Cathedral. Buzzoven. Destroyer 666. Doom. Just pure awesome.

Out of curiosity, why wouldn't it be worth the trip (assuming you could financially do it)? Quality of bands? Or your familiarity with the lineup?

I just honestly can't think of any reason extreme metal fans wouldn't be pleased with this. Inquisition. Lock Up. Exhumed. Tragedy. Cathedral. Buzzoven. Destroyer 666. Doom. Just pure awesome.

I was gonna say the same thing. For extreme fans, this is a great lineup. I think Simon maybe isn't familiar with the lineup in general?