Pretty cool prog song by PPUSA XI artist...

Bryant

Mr. Sleepy
Apr 14, 2002
Sweet home Alabama
Visit site
I don`t typically post much prog-metal related stuff here other than Vanden Plas (can't help myself with that sometimes) because most here just aren't too much into it, but one of the prog metal bands that will be playing the next Progpower USA has a song I think many here will dig. Yes it is "proggy" but it has a strong hook in the chorus and it grabbed my attention right away unlike most other bands booked for the next progpower. Seventh Wonder has the "magical" number 3 slot set for Friday night at PPUSAXI and their song "Welcome to Mercy Falls" will definitely be a crowd favorite.
The song is available streaming in its entirety. http://www.myspace.com/officialsw

Bryant

I have the album (and the previous one)for a long time now. "Mercy Falls" is a good album but the problem is that 'Welcome To Mercy Falls' is the catchy tune the rest are not that interesting unless you are more into progressive rock than prog power metal. As a concept album clicks for me but I don't see it as scattered tunes live.

They are really a great band and like I was telling Wyvern the other day, I'm more into Waiting in the Wings than Mercy Falls. MF only works for me during the first half of the album and then it just loses me in the second half. Still, they are a quality band and should be checked out.:cool:

Hmmm... I am listening to "Become" right now and I am not so crazy about it. It is not "bad" but it is more prog-rock than prog-metal. I am a little scared now. WHen I heard the "Welcome to Mercy Falls" song, I was super impressed. I am a little disappointed with this disc.

Bryant

Hmmm... I am listening to "Become" right now and I am not so crazy about it. It is not "bad" but it is more prog-rock than prog-metal. I am a little scared now. WHen I heard the "Welcome to Mercy Falls" song, I was super impressed. I am a little disappointed with this disc.

Bryant

Well according to what I have read about the band "Become" is far different from WITW and MF. I was checking since I have both latter albums and I was wonder if it worth to complete the collection, but it seems "Beware" may be skipped.

As for prog rock instead of prog metal, I don't have a problem with that. I like better prog rock than prog metal accounting for the bands in my collection.