WOW !! WOW !! ............ Christ 0

Bryant

Mr. Sleepy
Apr 14, 2002
Sweet home Alabama
Visit site
The new Vanden Plas release, "Christ 0" has been leaked out from around the small cracks of the internet and I got a hold of it. Out of respect for the band, label and fans (who have to wait another month) I won't make a full review here, but I will say this release is almost unfair to other metal bands. How do you compete with this ? I can see why there was a long wait between their last release, "Beyond Daylight" and this one. Anyone here who are fans of any prog-metal need to go ahead and pre-order this.

Bryant

Bryant said:
The new Vanden Plas release, "Christ 0" has been leaked out from around the small cracks of the internet and I got a hold of it. Out of respect for the band, label and fans (who have to wait another month) I won't make a full review here, but I will say this release is almost unfair to other metal bands. How do you compete with this ? I can see why there was a long wait between their last release, "Beyond Daylight" and this one. Anyone here who are fans of any prog-metal need to go ahead and pre-order this.

Bryant

I have a review copy of this coming to me, I'm geeked!
Some might ask, then why did you post this?!:saint:

I don't think is disrespectful to review it if you like. I do that a lot and besides reviews are always a personal opinion so good or bad no harm is done IMO.

sixxswine said:
I have a review copy of this coming to me, I'm geeked!
Some might ask, then why did you post this?!:saint:

I think it will kick your ass !!

As far as the reason for me posting this is because I am ear to ear grin. I can't stop listening to this thing. It absolutely ripped my head off.

Bryant

Bryant said:

Bryant
the title of this thread says it all.

Vanden Plas has dropped the pwnage bomb on the genre with this one, it's a monster. Having actually read the Alexandre Dumas book it's based on, I will even go so far as to say they accurately depicted the story!

Kenneth R. said:
the title of this thread says it all.

Vanden Plas has dropped the pwnage bomb on the genre with this one, it's a monster. Having actually read the Alexandre Dumas book it's based on, I will even go so far as to say they accurately depicted the story!

I was listening to track 5 "Shadow and I" and it is so awesome tears started welling up in my eyes. One simply can't write stuff better than this....
I haven't had my ass kicked like this in a couple of years. If a better disc comes out in 2006 I wont be able to review it, as I won't survive listening to it. This disc is amazing !!

Bryant

Wyvern said:
I don't think is disrespectful to review it if you like. I do that a lot and besides reviews are always a personal opinion so good or bad no harm is done IMO.

I don't know if you know it or not, but Vanden Plas has been my favorite band for priobably 8 years or so. I wanted to get the vibe of what is going on around the net first. It seems as though many others are getting this disc, so although I wont tell anyone where to get it, I will start reviewing.

It's always nice when you hear someone that is so hyped about a new release, and that you also know that they have a tendency to listen to good stuff! That usually means good things!

I'll get this when it comes out. I'm sure the music will be good, but I'm usually not too fond of concept albums as a whole.

Walter_Langkowski said:
It's always nice when you hear someone that is so hyped about a new release, and that you also know that they have a tendency to listen to good stuff! That usually means good things!

I'll get this when it comes out. I'm sure the music will be good, but I'm usually not too fond of concept albums as a whole.

It is definitely a concept album, but every song stands alone. The story is interwoven into the song. I don't think you will be disappointed.

Bryant

Bryant said:
but I will say this release is almost unfair to other metal bands. How do you compete with this ?

It is unfair and impossible to compete with. I have not been able to stop playing this one two or three times a day. It's so unbelievably good I can't stand it.

VP is my most anticipated band release for this year. If Bryant likes it then it's a good sign I'll like it too. Where did you download it at Bryant???

sixxswine said:
That is a given Bryant!:p

Well I am admittedly a die-hard Vanden Plas fanboy 100%. You have been here long enough (even before me) to remember my rants and raves about their last release "Beyond Daylight" which was in 2002. That release is awesome, but this is even better.....

Bryant

Wheezer said:
It is unfair and impossible to compete with. I have not been able to stop playing this one two or three times a day. It's so unbelievably good I can't stand it.

It goes so far as to make me act goofy. Luckily I work in the next town over from where I live because I was driving through that town this morning on the way home from work making theatrical poses and shit while singing along with the CD. Man was I a sight to behold at the stop-lights. :loco:
I'll be the first to admit I am rather passionate to the extreme when something rips my head off much like Beyond Daylight and Modus Vivendi did. I was a posting monster when those two releases hit me, but as it stands right now, and I've only had this disc two days, three of the songs from this release might very well make my top ten songs of all time.

Bryant

I would like to get excited about this release, but I can't. I've got one VP cd, Beyond Daylight, and I absolutely adore the music. But I can't stand those trebly vocals that permeate it. They are like fingernails on a chalkboard to me. I like his voice when he's singing the mellow parts, but it sounds like he is straining on the heavy verses. It's like a buzzing screech kind of thing that rubs me the wrong way.

VP would probably be one of my fave bands if they had a singer more like Russell Allen or Jorn Lande.

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
I would like to get excited about this release, but I can't. I've got one VP cd, Beyond Daylight, and I absolutely adore the music. But I can't stand those trebly vocals that permeate it. They are like fingernails on a chalkboard to me. I like his voice when he's singing the mellow parts, but it sounds like he is straining on the heavy verses. It's like a buzzing screech kind of thing that rubs me the wrong way.

VP would probably be one of my fave bands if they had a singer more like Russell Allen or Jorn Lande.

You might still like a little of ther stuff, but Andy is a big part of the package. I honestly feel bad for you because this release is fucking magical. You can't help what you like and dislike though.

Bryant