New releases I'm looking forward too...

ElectricWiz

Steal Your Face
Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
Mastodon - Can't wait for this one.
Lamb of God
Candlemass

I just heard Vanden Plas is in recording mode - cool. The above are done and ready for release though....get 'em out!

2008 had some big disappointments for me (JOP, CIIC, Rage etc) but this year already started really well with Grave Digger releasing their best album in 10 years.

Of the bands you mentioned I'm not a fan of the first two but Candlemass is definitely anticipated here as well. Judging by the samples they seem to have a total winner in their hands for 2009. The same goes for the new Wolf.

Also there's a new Armored Saint album, new Riot album, new Jag Panzer album, Heaven and Hell... looks good!

Heaven & Hell
Virgin Steele
Megadeth
Armored Saint
Trouble (although a bit skeptical on this one...)
Dream Theater
TSO - Night Castle

Wasn't there s'posed to be a new Crimson Glory cd, or did that go on hiatus?

Crimson Glory announced a new album, a boxset and reissues years ago but so far the only thing that's come out is the reissues. And I think the band had nothing to do with those reissues either, they were released by Metal Mind after Black Lotus Records (the label that was originally supposed to release all this) went under.

I very much doubt there will be a new CG album. Everything about the band seems like a total mess but I hope I'm wrong, I even kinda like Astronomica.

Heaven & Hell
Virgin Steele
Megadeth
Armored Saint
Dream Theater
TSO - Night Castle

I'm with you on all of these, save for Dream Theater, who lost me a long time ago... H&H must be my most wanted album.

I'm also worried about how Trouble will sound with the new singer. That'll be weird...

I'm looking forward to the new Symphony X too. And for the 1st disc in 5 years of local traditional metal band HANKER.

2008 had some big disappointments for me (JOP, CIIC, Rage etc) but this year already started really well with Grave Digger releasing their best album in 10 years.

Of the bands you mentioned I'm not a fan of the first two but Candlemass is definitely anticipated here as well. Judging by the samples they seem to have a total winner in their hands for 2009. The same goes for the new Wolf.

Also there's a new Armored Saint album, new Riot album, new Jag Panzer album, Heaven and Hell... looks good!

Euh...The new Grave Digger is pretty good, but not their best in 10 years for me. I much prefer The Last Supper, who was their best since Knights of the Cross.

I'm looking forward to new Jag Panzer stuff. New Riot with Thundersteel line-up should be fine too, if Tony Moore controls his high-pitched screaming, which bothered me at times back then. But he sang great on the Faith and Fire album, so this is all good I guess.

I'll add a couple more to the H&H, ASaint, Megadeth, etc. list above:

Wycked Synn (? - this has become my personal "Chinese Democracy" - every year it's "coming out soon", supposedly this is the year)

Krucible (with Lance King)

Betrayer (9 years in the making for Christ sakes! I know this is likely to be my favorite of 2009 if it comes out this year)

Lasse Dale - Screaming in Silence

Queensryche (early samples indicate another Q2K sounding affair though)

Stryper (yes you read that right, Sweet says the disc will sound more like the 80s stuff so my interest is piqued).

CSP - Demo (He recorded the guitar solo on #10 on our CD - one of Canada if not the world's best guitarists and a close personal friend).

Saigon Kick (?) (I read somewhere they were writing/recording although I can't confirm it so methinks its just a reunion to do a few shows).

Maiden (? - not sure if they're recording but it's been 3 years since their last).

Dream Evil (have announced a disc should be out later this year entitled "In the Night" - oh the irony).

My "I Can Dream Can't I?" List:
Wicked Maraya (their myspace indiciates it is possible
Z-Lot-Z (They're in limbo-land)
Fates Warning (I'm basing this entirely off nothing but they're due)
Skid Row (when I spoke to their drummer he said they were working on some new stuff, possibly to humor me?)
Siam (Tony hasn't ruled it out, although I'm not holding my breath)
Final Stage (we'll see)

All this is supposedly coming out this year:

17. title THRESHOLD OF A DREAM artist: PRAYING MANTIS
16. title AFTER THE FALL artist: FORSAKEN
15. title THE POWER OF METAL COMPELS YOU artist: GODDESS OF DESIRE
14. title THE STARS OF NEVER SEEN artist: CRESCENT SHIELD
13. title THIS IS WAR artist: PHANTOM-X
12. title BY THE LIGHT OF THE NORTHERN STAR artist: TYR
11. title ABSOLUTE ZERO artist: TETRAFUSION
10. title IN THE… ALL TOGETHER artist: SKYCLAD
9. title THE FADING GHOSTS OF TWILIGHT artist: AGENTS OF MERCY
8. title NO SACRIFICE, NO VICTORY artist: HAMMERFALL
7. title DEFENDERS OF THE FILTH artist: SUPERCHRIST
6. title DEATH MAGIC DOOM artist: CANDLEMASS
5. title RAVENOUS artist: WOLF
4. title METAL NATION artist: CRYSTAL VIPER
3. title MOLECULAR HEINOSITY artist: DEREK SHERINIAN
2. title CARVING DESERT CANYONS artist: SCALE THE SUMMIT
1. title FEAR NO EVIL artist: DORO

And like some mentioned here there's probability of new Heaven And Hell, Riot, Armored Saint, Dream Evil albums, hasn't here anything about Dream Theater tho', may be interesting if they came with a good studio album.

I very much doubt there will be a new CG album. Everything about the band seems like a total mess but I hope I'm wrong, I even kinda like Astronomica.

Astronomica's a good album. Shame that it gets overlooked since Midnight's not singing on it.

I'm mostly anticipating the DVD releases of King Diamond and Mercyful Fate concerts from the late 80s.

And then there's Nightcastle which might actually be released this year, after a half-decade time warp of "next year" announcements by the Trans-Siberian Orchestra. After so long, I'll just be happy to still be alive when it's finally released.

I have high hopes for Heaven and Hell, but I refuse to have high expectations (I'm a pessimist).

2009 is going to be solii d metal year with releases by...

MEGADETH
ZZ TOP
BLACK SABBATH wDIO
WINTERSUN
EXODUS
EVILE
SLAYER
KING DIAMOND
ALICE IN CHAINS
AEROSMITH
VAN HALEN HAS NEW MUSIC ON DECK!!(Eddie stated after he gets married and Wolfie graduates ITS ON!)

2009 is going to be solii d metal year with releases by...

ZZ TOP
KING DIAMOND
ALICE IN CHAINS
VAN HALEN

Right on a ZZ Top fan. I'm very curious about this Rick Rubin ZZ collaberation.... King Diamond has been kinda hush about the next move...Mercyful Fate of a solo album either way I'd love to heard some new material. I'm on the fecnce about Alice In Chains... I'll buyt the album just out of curiousity, same with Van Halen.
Chicken Foot should be great though....
Also looking forward to the new Primal Fear record and the Heaven And Hell record.

Hmmm... didn't know Vanden Plas was about to hit the studio. That kicks ass. If they can match Christ Zero, I won't be able to listen to anything else for a couple of weeks. They really opened up a can of whoop-ass on that one.

Bryant

Mastodon - Can't wait for this one.
Lamb of God
Candlemass

I just heard Vanden Plas is in recording mode - cool. The above are done and ready for release though....get 'em out!

Dream Theater lost me after Images and Words, though that release is still probably THE quintessential Prog-metal release. I can't wait until H&H. SX is also one of those bands that loses me, although there are a handful of songs that are masterpieces.

Bryant

I'm with you on all of these, save for Dream Theater, who lost me a long time ago... H&H must be my most wanted album.

I'm also worried about how Trouble will sound with the new singer. That'll be weird...

I'm looking forward to the new Symphony X too. And for the 1st disc in 5 years of local traditional metal band HANKER.

Heaven & Hell
Virgin Steele
Megadeth
Armored Saint
Dream Theater
TSO - Night Castle

when is armored saint's coming out!?

when is armored saint's coming out!?

According to their myspace page:

Sunday, December 14, 2008

NEW Armored Saint music for 2009!

Due to the nature of vague speculation albeit created by your authors here, Armored Saint are officially announcing that they've begun writing new songs for a new record due in 2009.

The band line-up is as it was on 2000's Revelation and 1992's Symbol of Salvation. John Bush (vocals), Jeff Duncan (guitars), Phil Sandoval (guitars), Joey Vera (bass) and Gonzo Sandoval (drums).

The band has written close to 12 songs as of now and are ready to enter the recording studio in the next month or so.

Some working titles include: "Loose Cannon", "Chilled", "La Raza" and "Black Feet".

The band plans on entering the studio with bassist Joey Vera handling the engineering and producing duties.

Saint will be headlining one show in Los Angeles at the Keyclub on March 6th 2009. Aside from the co-headline tour in Australia in March with Death Angel and the headlining of the Keep it True Festival in Germany in April, the band has no further shows booked at this time. There are a few festivals in Europe during summer being looked at for booking but no confirmations as of yet.

~ Armored Saint