Primal Fear

LucioArgento

Make Love, Not Peace
Apr 2, 2002
1 Hate Pit Avenue
Don't you think they're a bit overrated? I thought Nuclear Fire was a real let down and didn't add anything innovating, other than being another Painkiller clone.

man i simply can't believe what you're saying...
your opinion and all that, i respect that...

but WHAT THE HELL?? yeah, exactly, it's really close to Painkiller and that's what makes it so fucking great! i happen to love Painkiller, it's one of the best metal releases ever imo, and well maybe nuclear fire isn't a whole lot on inventing but HECK, it just kicks complete ass!! back from hell, fight the fire, nuclear fire, velvet glove... just too freaking many!

i really can't understand you people... though i have to respect you...

I think it's because I find straight forward "heavy metal" really boring. Bands like Twisted Tower Dire, Destillery, Primal Fear, Wolf etc sound like a bunch of musicians who just learned how to play and then just imitate their idols. It doesn't really carry anything further.

Although I love Painkiller, I only need one version of it.

And Ralf Sheepers is a very poor vocalist indeed. I'm so thankful Kai took over the singing duties in GR - can you imagine Land of the Free with Ralf singing? Ugh.

PF weren't created to extend the musical horizons of metal. They are just metal. Ralph's love for priest is given. You just know what to expect from PF. If you don't like them ok. But you can't accuse them of cloning Priest (which is true of course) cause then you 'd have to accuse 99% of new metal groups of cloning priest, maiden, sabbath etc... Get real dudes. Painkiller is a metal monument throughout the whole history of metal, let alone 90's. If there is one album to be cloned then i prefer that this would be the one ;)

And Ralph is one of the best German singers. Incredible!

that's the way to talk :)

i like Scheepers a lot, he's got an amazing vocal range and imo kicks Ripper's butt to hell and back!
but anyway better that way, now Priest has a great vocalist as well and Primal Fear has an astonishing vocalist! and they lay the goods for real! \m/

man how i envy you... i live in a place where such bands come every 2 or 3 years and most people don't appreciate them (they mostly listen to extreme metal like sepultura or pantera or the likes)

but still we have some kickass bands which you'll surely never see :)~

Originally posted by [KOTNO]Narrot
i dont like PF...but well it's because i dont like the way they make metal, the kind of emtla they make and i saw them live and they were boring as hell....
Ok, narroty. I think tho, that it is a bit hypocritical to say that GammaR. rulz and that PF don't appeal to you. Their common and more than obvious roots of both lay back in spine of the Priest's way of metal. I mean if you really come to examine and compare those two (G.R. & P.F.) you will not find that amazing differences. ;)
Besides Hansen himself has stated that if he hadn't heard to judas priest he would now play hard rock. Fortunatelly he listened to JP. :):):)

I totally agree with Metalized concerning the Priest roots, and I love both bands ;)

@Metalized : do you have the Sortilège cover by Raging Storm ?? I'm searching for it! :eek:

Hey dude, that is great.
Raging Storm and Battleroar are really epic in the concrete sense of the word. I know the guys and they yearn for epic metal.

Do you know a band called Lonewolf? They are divine. Epic and all. France has great groups.

I willtry to post some contact info for both Raging Storm and Battleroar for you in this thread. ;) :)

Hail! :headbang:

cool bro'!! :)
Yeah I know Lonewolf, they live in my city :D

I read some articles on the Net about greek Metal bands, so I'd like to know more about this scene ;)

:lol: :loco:
Tell them that they already have a core of fans here in Greece.

Well, then i will have to help you with that. Depends on what lkinda music you hear. Epic, speed, death, black... I will post some info here, links and all. :)

eheh OK I'll tell them at the next concert ;)
They'll re-release the first album with a bonus track soon, 'cause it's sold out for the moment.
The demo will also be re-released in a near future, and Lonewolf will appear on the Running Wild tribute.

About greek metal bands, I heard some good opinions on Northwind, Crush and these kinds of bands, but I don't know much on old "cult" greek Metal.

Damn! I already have their CD, but their private release wout the bonus. :( But it is good to hear the they 'll re-release the demo. :)

Crush is the greatest of the old cult bands. Hmmm... I ll update tthe thread, so that you might have info.