Pro Tools 9 Potential Group Buy $199

Keep your eyes peeled on eBay boys. A dude sold 5 LE crossgrades and 5 M-Powered crossgrades for $150 each in the last week, I got my authorization codes and stuff today :)

Is that the dude from Indonesia? Everything go ok? I always get a bit weary of buying from outside of Europe/USA.

well, I feel like if the deal fell through they would at least announce it? I mean, there must have been a lot of signups right?

so I'm holding out hope that it's still in the works. this would be a life saver.

Yeah this would be a pretty sick deal. The M Powered upgrade is £220 if I order from sweetwater, but this would work out as only £123 and would leave me with my PT8 licence to sell! (Not that it's worth fuck all now tbh)

The thing about Ebay... Lets say I purchase an mbox 2 mini with PT8. That PT8 HAS to be unregistered right? In order to get the crossgrade, or do they just ask for the serial on the hardware unit or something?!

there is a m-powered crossgrade

For people who own Pro Tools M-Powered. You don't. You just have an M-Audio interface...

The LE crossgrade was for PT LE owners. To get PT LE, you needed to buy a PT LE interface. Since the only dongle required for PT LE was the hardware, the only way Avid can know that you own LE is to get your hardware serial number when doing the crossgrade.

PT M-Powered was purchased separately as just the software. It came with an iLok. You need an iLok to run M-Powered. So to get the M-Powered crossgrade, Avid checks your iLok account for the PT M-Powered iLok asset.

So at the end of the day, the answer is no. You cannot get the M-Powered crossgrade by just owning an M-Audio interface.

Hey sorry to beat a deadhorse here, but I have an MBox 2 but only own pro tools up to version 7.3.1 and I am having trouble registering it(I bought it used off ebay and was always to lazy to register in the past). Can I still get a crossgrade?