Pro Tools 9

Any reason you guys use the actual Bounce feature instead of just printing to a new track and exporting that region?

Any Pro Tools dudes I've ever worked with always print their mixes to a new track in the session, trim and fade it however you like then select it, opt+shift+3 to consolidate the fades, cmd+shift+K to export the file and save it anywhere you want. Shouldn't have any extra ms at the end of the file this way, I certainly never noticed that problem doing things this way.

Can't dither that way

So is Pro Tools 9 HD just PT9 with HD hardware or is it separate software all together? Like does the hardware "unlock" it or do you have to buy a Pro Tools 8 HD system and then spend an extra $350 for the upgrade to PTHD9?

So is Pro Tools 9 HD just PT9 with HD hardware or is it separate software all together? Like does the hardware "unlock" it or do you have to buy a Pro Tools 8 HD system and then spend an extra $350 for the upgrade to PTHD9?

It is separate software but PT 9 + CPTK is exactly the same. The only features PT 9 HD has are specifically related to TDM related stuff that means nothing to someone who doesn't use PT TDM hardware.

Anyone know what the additional restrictions are on the Academic version? I've got a few friends still finishing up Uni so...

Still trying to work out where to buy from, it's a bit of a clusterfuck for international ordering.

Also, why would you want HEAT with Nebula and VCC around? It's redundant.

[UEAK]Clowd;9482482 said:
editing with elastic audio is really easier/better for you than slipping around in cubase? how about for editing guitar DIs?

Haven't tried it. Have heard from others that it's pretty good though. I'd be a bit concerned about the stretching algorithm screwing with the tone, but I'm almost positive that doing big moves would be more transparent than slipping, just as is the case with bass and vocals.

The setup basically looks like this:

mixprintsetup.png

You monitor your mix through the Mix Bus aux, and just record arm the Mix Print track to record your mix to that track. The master fader is assigned to the "Mix Bus" bus so that you can still use that track for your mastering chain.

Ha, thanks! I had a feeling it was something obvious that I was missing :D

what is "slip" editing?

also fun fact - the avid conference was shot at the hotel (W hotel SF) I work at. I setup and help run the show, so the whole time I was in the back of the room.

Also, why would you want HEAT with Nebula and VCC around? It's redundant.

have you seen HEAT in action?
its not a one size fits all like other plugs are and is very flexible

These vids are selling me on it, its not showing just on off but showing up and down and how its affecting everything

Last edited by a moderator: